Falling For Him

Chapter 4

Today is the day that Hayes is moving into the house next door. I'm over at his old house with him and his family and we're all putting boxes into a big truck.

"Today's the big day!" Elizabeth smiled. "I'm so excited to be moving into a bigger house."

"It's really nice neighborhood, too." I said.

"Are there any hot girls?" Nash asked.

"Besides me, not really." Nash and I laughed.

"Okay, we're all packed." Elizabeth sighed and smiled. "Let's get in the car."

Skylynn ran to me so I could put her in the car.

I picked her up and she played with my hair.

"Sky! You usually have me put you in the car." Hayes laughed.

"Well, now can Alli? Just this once." She said and patted him on the head.

"I guess." He smiled at me.

I put Skylynn in her car seat and then I got in beside her. Hayes got in on the other side.

"Are you excited?" I asked him.

"Totally." Hayes said.

"Omg, now you two can hangout every single second of everyday. Besties!" Nash said in a girly voice.

"Bro, shut up." Hayes said and I laughed.

-----

We got to their new house and pulled into the driveway behind the big truck. I helped Hayes carry in his stuff and to the room with a big window.

"I call this room!" he shouted to Nash.

If you looked through the window, you could see my room and it had a big window too.

"Isn't that your room?" Hayes asked.

"Yeah. Now we can be window buddies like in Taylor Swifts 'You Belong With Me' music video." I squealed and Hayes laughed.

We started unpacking his things and then Skylynn came into his room.

"Alli, can you help me make my room pretty?" she asked.

I looked at Hayes, and he nodded, but he looked disappointed.

"Sure. I'll be back in a little bit Hayes." I looked back at him and he grinned as he watched us walk out.

-----

I got done decorating Skylynn's room with her and it was about 8 PM.

"Hey, it looks pretty good in here." Hayes walked into Skylynn's room and raised his eyebrows.

"Well, I hate to brag but, Skylynn and I make a pretty good team, don't we Sky?" I asked and she have me a high five.

Hayes and I left Skylynn's room and went to his room.

"It looks good in here too." I said.

"Yea, I like it." Hayes said. "Hey, you should stay for a little while so we can watch a movie. I'll let you pick it."

"Well, I don't know.." I said.

He picked me up and hugged me.

"Please, Alli? I'll love you forever." He laughed and made a puppy face.

"Alright fine. But we're watching The Fault In Our Stars." I said.

"I don't have that movie." He said.

"I do." I smirked and ran to my house.

I grabbed the movie and ran back to his house.

I put the movie in, and sat on his bed while he made popcorn.

He came back and turned the lights off.

"So is this movie any good?" He asked.

"Yes! It's amazing." I said and he sat on his bed beside me.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, totally. But I'm going to cry. I do every time." I said and laughed.

"I'll be here to comfort you." Hayes said and hugged me. He's so sweet.

Halfway into the movie he fell asleep and leaned his head on my shoulder. I could smell his hair. It smelled like cinnamon flavored gum.

I watched the rest of the movie and then I slowly got up. By that time it was 10 and I needed to get home.

I put Hayes' head on his pillow and then he woke up.

"Are you leaving?" He said in his raspy, tired voice.

"Yea. I'll see you tomorrow. Bye." I smiled.

"Bye.." He said.

I got into the hallway and I went to close his door.

Before I got it shut all the way, I heard Hayes whispering.

"I like you, Alli. I wish I could be a man and tell you." I quickly shut the door and walked off.

He just said that he likes me.

He's scared to tell me.

I'm freaking out.

I walked quickly passed Nash's room and he knocked into me.

"Oh, hey. I thought you went home."

He said.

"Nope. Um, I have to go though. Bye."

I said and jogged off. I went down the stairs and passed Elizabeth.

"Oh, I thought you-" she started but I interrupted her.

"I have to go. Thanks for letting me stay. Bye."

And with that, I ran out the door and to my house.

Once I got inside, I got into a hot bath. I'm so confused. I think the only reason I freaked out was because... I think I like him too.