Falling For Him

Chapter 15

I woke up the next morning and there was a cup of steaming mint tea on my nightstand.

Matt walked out of the bathroom and jumped.

"Woah, I didn't know you were up." He laughed.

"Oh my, how did you get in here?" I laughed back.

"Well, I found this by your door. Mahogany must have dropped it." He said and held up a room card.

"Oh." I yawned.

He jumped over me and onto the left side of my bed.

"What are we going to do today?" He asked.

"Watch Netflix." I said and looked at my clock.

"It's 7:30 in the morning. Why are we up?" I asked and Matt shrugged.

"I don't know. But I'm glad we are." He said and I tucked myself back under the covers.

"Awe, are you cold?" He asked and stretched his right leg over both of my legs.

I snuggled up against him and he put his arm around me.

"How can something so wrong feel so right?" I mumbled and pouted.

"Alli, it's because we love each other. Nothing can separate love." He said as he looked down at me.

I looked up and in the crisp morning light, I could see the admiration in his eyes.

"Do you admit that you love me?" Matt asked.

"Matt, I have already admitted that I love you. I love you so, so much." I said.

"Then why are you still with Hayes? We both know it's not fair for him if you keep seeing me. Why don't you just tell him? Are you scared?" Matt asked and sat up.

"I- Yes." I said and sighed.

"Alli, everything will eventually lay itself out the way it's supposed to. Hayes will not hate you, no matter what choices you make, because he loves you." Matt said.

"What if love isn't enough, what if he hates me or you if I were to break up with him?" I asked and stood up and walked to the mini kitchen.

"The love he has for you will be enough." Matt whispered and hugged me from behind.

"Now, are you ready to make your final decision?" Matt asked and rocked back and forth with me.

"Yes. I am, Matt. It's you. It's has been you since the day I've met you, it's always been you." I said and turned to him.

He smiled and hugged me.

I started to cry.

"Alli, honey, why are you crying?" He chuckled and wiped some of my tears away.

"I'm just so relieved. I-I love you so much and I feel like my slate is cleaned now." I sniffled.

"Good. I'm glad you're feeling better." Matt said and picked me up.

"I'm so glad you want to be with me. I can hold you all night in the same bed, and we can share long walks in the park, holding hands. And we can do this." Matt smirked and pulled me in for a kiss.

His tongue went into my mouth and his hand went to my back.

I placed my hands on his neck and got on my tip toes.

When we pulled away, we were both smiling.

"Now, I all I have to do is tell Hayes. " I sighed and went to the window.