Falling For Him

Chapter 5

I can't like a guy I met a week ago. I just can't. There's no possible way. I've been thinking about what Hayes said when he thought I was gone since last night. My phone went off.

Hayes: hey Alli. :) morning. Did you have a good sleep? You should come over today.

What am I going to tell him? I really want to go over there. Like, a lot, but I just need to think for a while. I'm just being me. Overthinking simple things.

I want to see him so badly though.

Alli: hey, Hayes. I did have a good sleep. When should I come over?

He replied almost instantly.

Hayes: it doesn't matter to me.

Alli: okay, I'll be there in about 45 minutes.

I went to get ready.

I put on my light denim shorts with a football t-shirt and I put Hayes' hoodie on over it. I wore my white Converse again, and straightened my hair. I put mascara, eyeliner, and blush on and sprayed my perfume from PINK on.

I brushed my teeth and looked out my window to see if Hayes was in his room. He was. I pulled my window up and then threw a pencil at his window.

He looked up from his video game and smiled.

He came over and lifted his window.

"Hey." He smiled.

"Hey. I'll be over in a few minutes." I a said and pulled my window down.

"Mom, I'm going over to Hayes' house, okay?"

"Okay, honey. Be back before 10 tonight. Are you two dating yet?" She asked.

"Yet? Um, no." I said.

"But you like him."

"Mom, it's complicated." I said and ran out the door.

-----

"Hello, Alli. How are you?" Elizabeth asked when she let me in.

"I'm doing good." I said.

"We'll be leaving for the movies in an hour." She smiled.

"Um, okay.." I said, confused.

I went up to Hayes' room.

"Are we going to the movies?" I asked when I walked into his room.

He had the same pair of khaki shorts on as when I met him and he didn't have a shirt one. His hair was soaking wet. Did I mention he didn't have a shirt on?

"Oh, I'm sorry. Uh... I should go.." I left the room and stood in the hallway.

His abs are so cute.

I waited outside his door and he came out 5 seconds later, still shirtless.

"Hey, it's fine. I never have my shirt on so you might want to get used to it." He laughed.

"Oh." I giggled.

"But, yes. We are going to the movies. Surprise!" We both laughed and walked into his room.

"What shirt should I wear?" He asked.

I went over to his closet and picked out a bright blue shirt to match his bright blue eyes.

"This one." I said and he put it on.

"Cool. So, what do you want to do until the movies?"

"I don't know." I said.