Falling For Him

Chapter 9

Today is the first day of school so I wake up an hour early and get dressed.

I put on a pair of white Rock Revival shorts and a pink long sleeve tee shirt with writing on the back.

It was a cheer shirt and it said: "Too fierce" in black letters on the back. I tied the top layer of my hair up with a small black bow and straightened the bottom layer. I put pink sandals on and spritzed on my Nikki Minaj perfume. I put lotion on my knees and elbows and then make up on.

I buckled my locket necklace that Hayes bought me around my neck and put tiny diamond earrings in my ears.

I threw my baby blue JanSport backpack over my shoulders and went downstairs.

"Morning honey. Elizabeth is dropping you off and picking you up from school today, okay? I love you." My mom said.

"Love you." I said and she walked out the door.

My phone started playing the song 'You and I' by One Direction.

That was Hayes' ringtone.

"Hello?" I sang into the phone.

"Hey, baby. Good morning. I was wondering if you wanted to come over tonight for dinner. Nash and Cam are leaving tomorrow so we're going to say goodbye." Hayes said, I could hear the sadness in his voice.

"Okay, sure." I said.

"Okay. My mom said that we're ready when you are so if you're ready then we can go." He said.

"Yes sir." I said and then hung up and ran outside.

-----

Hayes wasn't himself the rest of the day. He was so upset about that MagCon thing. I don't know how to help him.

I did notice that some of the popular guys were hanging out with him. Bryan and Trevor, the ones we saw at the fair, we're hanging out with him. Bruce, Cole, and Rylee talked to him, too. They're all popular. He's quite the Mr. Popular now.

All of my cheer friends were asking me about him and I told them that we were dating and how we met. They thought it was the cutest thing ever. So did I.

At lunch Hayes sat by me for a little while before Bruce called him over.

"So, have you seen your ex yet?" Hayes asked.

"Nope. And I'm glad." I said.

"Me too." He said and hugged me.

"You okay, baby?" I asked.

"Um, yea. I'll be fine. Don't worry." He looked around and gave me a quick kiss.

"This weekend my mom, Skylynn, and I are going on a stupid camping trip. Wanna come?" he asked.

"Yes!" I said and clapped my hands.

"Okay. Sounds good. It will be a lot more fun with you." He said and tugged on a piece of my hair.

I smiled.

"You sure you're going to be okay?" I asked.

"Yea. As long as you're with me, I'll be fine." He said and cupped my cheek with his hand.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you, too." he said.

"Yo, Hayes. Come on!" Bruce called.

"Alright!" he said.

"I gotta go. I'll see you later baby." Hayes said and left.

I'm so glad Clay isn't here today because he would give Hayes so much trouble and I don't think Hayes could take it right now.

For the rest of the day, I saw Hayes twice.

He has the same third hour, lunch period, fifth hour, and sixth hour as me.

When his mom came to pick us up, she was all dressed up.

"Wow, do I need to change into something nicer?" I asked her.

"No, honey. Unless you want to be in pictures." Elizabeth answered.

"Okay. I'll sit out in the pictures then." I said and Elizabeth and I laughed.

Normally, Hayes would've laughed but, today he was silent.

I sighed. Poor baby. He must feel so left behind. I wish I was good at making people feel better.

When we got to their house Hayes and I went up to his room.

He sat on his bed.

"Baby.." I said and rubbed his shoulders.

"I know." He said and grabbed my hands. He intertwined our fingers together and squeezed my hands.

"I'll be okay." He said.

We went down stairs and set the table. I poured drinks and Elizabeth served the food.

"Nash! Cam! Dinner's ready!" Elizabeth yelled.

Hayes went to get Skylynn and I sat down. Hayes sat next to me and held my hand. He wouldn't even look at Nash or Cam.

I could tell this wasn't going to go well.

"Alli, could you come in the kitchen with me?" Hayes asked.

"Sure." I said and he basically pulled me into the kitchen.

Once we got there, he kissed me. Hard but soft at the same time. His hand made it to the small of my back and my arm wrapped around his neck. My heart melted.

"Babe, don't leave me. Ever. I need you more than anything now so no matter what happens, please don't leave me. I love you so much." He said, looking helpless.

I hugged him.

"I won't. I won't leave. I know you need me. I'll be there for you." I said and he kissed me again.

"Thank you." he said.

"No problem, baby."