Falling For Him

Chapter 7

Elizabeth came back to the county fair to pick us up and then we went back to my house.

When we got there, Hayes lifted me out of the car and set me down. Nash, Skylynn, and my mom were standing outside and I got confused.

"Why is everyone out here?" I asked.

"Let me show you, gorgeous." Hayes winked and flipped a switch on the outside of our house.

All of the sudden, the whole entire outside of the house was glowing. There were Christmas lights everywhere. I looked at the top of my house and on the roof it said: 'ILY ALLI' spelled out in lights with a big, red heart beside it.

"Oh my gosh." I covered my mouth and nose with my hands and turned to Hayes.

"Do you like it?" He asked.

"Yes. I-It's so beautiful. Thank you so much."

"You're welcome. I love you." He said.

"Hayes, I- I love you, too." I smiled.

Now, normally, I wouldn't have told anyone I loved them after knowing them for a month and a half, but, I do.

From the bottom of my heart, I love him.

Hayes looked down directly in my eyes while we were hugging and I looked into his eyes, too. He took a quick look at my lips and then we both leaned in.

I could feel his breath on my lips, we were that close.

"Get some, bro!" Nash yelled and I smiled, still leaning in.

Then my mom, of course, ruined the moment.

"Alright, well, let's go inside and eat." She smiled and went inside.

Hayes and I both stopped and then he laughed.

I was pretty annoyed but I laughed, too.

Hayes and I walked inside and the lights were dimmed. We had lit candles all over the table where my favorite meal, homemade pizza and breadsticks with Dr. Pepper as a drink.

"Guys. This is all too much." I laughed and hugged Hayes.

"It was all Hayes' idea, sweetie." Elizabeth said.

"Let's eat!" Skylynn yelled and we all sat down.

Hayes pulled my chair out for me so I could sit and he say next to me.

We all had dinner and then Elizabeth said that they should get home.

"Mom, do we have to leave?" Hayes asked.

"Yes, honey. You spent all day with Alli. You can be away from her for 8 or 9 hours, can't you?"

"Fine." Hayes rolled his eyes.

Hayes and I got up and his family went to the door.

"Thank you so much for an amazing anniversary." I said as he hugged me and played with my hair.

"You're welcome. I'll come over tomorrow, if it's okay."

"It's totally okay." I said.

He started to leave when he said something.

"Wait, go get your necklace." Hayes said.

I ran to my room, grabbed the necklace, and ran back down.

Hayes and I went out on my doorstep and I handed him the necklace.

"Can I put it on you?" he said.

"Of course." I smiled and turned around.

He put the necklace over my head and clamped it together. I could feel him warm hands on my back.

I turned around and his face was basically touching mine.

He's taller than me so he has to look down to see my eyes.

His bright blue eyes seemed to have changed to a shade of darker blue and a smirk was planted on his soft, round face.

His big hand touched my face and fell to my neck.

We were getting closer and closer and then he wrapped his hands around my waist and I cupped his face in my hands.

I stood on my tippy toes as his arms got tighter around my waist and then our lips were touching.

His lips felt different than any other lips I have kissed.

His are soft, full, and bright pink. A prefect match with his bright eyes and his light skin tone.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as we pulled away from the warm kiss.

Our foreheads are still touching and then we heard a car horn.

"Coming, Mom!" Hayes yelled.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you more." he said, and with that we released our grips on each other and he ran to his car.

Oh. My. God.

My heart is beating so fast.

That was perfection at the maximum.

I slowly walked inside and my mom stood there, with her arms crossed and her brows high.

"Remember when your relationship with Hayes was "complicated"?" My mom asked.

"Yea. And?" I said.

"It just became a little less complicated." She said and I ran to her and hugged her.

"Your first kiss, honey!" She said.

"Um, yea. Let's go with that." I laughed and then hugged her tighter.

That was the best night of my life. Like, there's no beating that. Ever. Probably not even my wedding, unless it's with Hayes.

He is perfect. This is perfect. We are perfect.