Falling For Him

Chapter 10

Hayes, Nash, Cameron, Skylynn, Elizabeth, and I were sitting at the table eating. Hayes held my hand under the table and didn't let go. He really needs me.

"My son is going off to Texas to see the people that support him. I'm so proud, honey." Elizabeth said to Nash.

"Thanks mom." He said and then he and Cam started talking about how much fun it would be with other Viners hanging out and making people laugh. Together.

Hayes squeezed my hand.

"And you will be getting more and more famous everyday. More fans will come along and want to get a picture with their idols. I'm so happy for you." She said.

Hayes squeezed my hand harder.

"Heck, you'll probably have your own merchandise!" She said.

"Okay!" Hayes said.

"We get it. Nash is so inspiring and talented. He makes people smile everyday. He's actually doing something with his life, I get it. You don't have to keep rubbing it in, Mom!" Hayes yelled at his mom and let go of my hand and went up to his room.

Bang.

His door slammed and Elizabeth went up to his room. I could hear both of them yelling.

"What was that about?" Nash asked.

"He's really upset that you got an offer and he didn't and I knew this was going to happen and I didn't stop it. I'm so stupid." I said.

"No you're not, Alli. It's his fault for being jealous." Nash said.

"Hey, he's just upset. No need to call him names." I said.

I could hear Hayes and Elizabeth screaming hateful words at each other.

I thought about leaving but then I remembered what Hayes said. He looked so sad. It was awful.

After about 30 more minutes Nash and Cam went up into Nash's room and I had Skylynn eat her dinner and put her to bed. I was sitting alone at their table.

I heard Elizabeth tell Hayes that he was so ungrateful and selfish and then Hayes said he hated her and Nash.

A door slammed and I'm guessing it was Elizabeth's. I heard her bawling in her room and I continued to sit there.

Silence.

I began to walk up to Hayes room and I stopped at Nash's on the way.

I knocked and Cam answered.

"Hey, come on in." He said.

Nash was rubbing his fingers through his hair.

"Uh, I just came to say goodbye and good luck. Hayes is just upset, that's all. He will really miss you. Do you want me to, like, tell him goodbye for you?" I asked.

"Sure. And thank you. Tell him that I'll miss him and I wish he could come." Nash hugged me.

"Keep his mind off of this, okay?" he said.

"I'll try."

I said goodbye to Cam and then I left Nash's room.

I softly knocked on Hayes' door.

"Go away." he said.

"Okay." I answered and started to walk away.

"Wait, baby. Come in." He said.

I walked in the door and Hayes was on his bed, laying down.

"Hi." I said as I sat on his bed and brushed his hair out of his face with my fingers. He was sweating.