Chapter 2

Ajifa honked furiously at the gate. She saw her younger brother struggling to open the gates. Then he yelled something but her car windows were up, so she wound down and said, "What?" He did that "curling-mouth thing" and said, "Please don't destroy our ears with your horn oh madam". She kissed her teeth, "Mtchwww, you don't know how i've suffered today", Ajifa said.
Nigerians always thought no one else ever suffers like them. In fact, in any Nigerian discussion there is always a struggle of "Who suffer pass". Friend 1: Do you know i and my family used to sleep under Oju'elegba bridge when i was a child? Friend 2: At least you had where to sleep. We dey beg people wey get "Face me i face you", make dem just allow us chill for their front yard. Friend 3: See forget that one. We were sleeping under old cars wey park for Obalende. If they move, you're gone! End of discussion. Friend 3 won the "Who suffer pass" challenge.
Akogwu took Ajifa's bag from the car after she parked. "Problem at the gym? Or it's traffic wahala?". She sighed, "Both. Sorry i snapped at you. Mummy dey house?" she said. "No oh, she comot go Aunty Sheila house", he said. "Any thing for me?" he asked. Siblings always expected "Oyoyo" from older siblings, their parents and other older relatives too. "Lagbaja nothing for you" she said. "Oh wait, check the boot, there are some plantains there for mummy. Saw them on my way home, they looked good". "Chai" he said with a little frustration. Ajifa loved her brother, but she still liked to take the mick out of him.
As she landed on her bed, she stretched from that sweet gym pain she always felt after a thorough workout. Then she remembered the parking issue, she remembered the cute guy. Then she smiled. She wanted to close her eyes and doze off. Then she remembered... Nala's art exhibition!

To be continued...

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
Please don't forget to vote 👍 & leave a comment ✏
Thanks! ❤