Chapter 11

After a work out session on a Thursday evening, Alex was heading back home. He had been driving for a few minutes, when he noticed a black SUV, tailing him. He immediately sent a text to Jude, with his location. The text read, "Someone's tailing me. 5th avenue, Osapa London, Lekki. Help". He looked through his right side mirror and saw another blue Jeep drive up to him. He couldn't see the driver because the windows were tinted. He continued driving but the SUV hit his car on the left side, hurriedly blocked his lane and forced him to stop. Alex was pulled out of his car by a huge man wearing a black coloured mask. The man tried to force him into the SUV but not before Alex gave a good fight. His hands were tied up and a black hood was put over his head so he wouldn't see where he was being taken to. "You dey form tough guy abi?", a deep, raspy voice said. He sounded like someone who smoked Igbo, a.k.a Indian hemp for breakfast, lunch and dinner. "No, leave am. When Oga C... when our Oga knock your head, you go mellow, mtchww.. Yankee boy", another softer voice said, kissing his teeth. This person sounded comical. Alex thought if this person wasn't into crime, he would have made people laugh for a living. The car stopped and Alex was dragged out again. He heard a few people in the background talking and laughing. He was made to walk up a staircase and into a room. The men tied him to a chair and went out to get some food, as one had said, "Omo, i dey H oh. Make we buy Iya Basira amala and gbegiri na". This made Alex hungry, as he came to love the hot Yam flour meal that was eaten with a thickened bean soup. "Hey, don't try anything funny, if not, you're dead!", the raspy voice warned Alex. "You're a dead man already but don't hasten it" The comical one said. The door opened and Alex heard foot steps approaching him. "Remove his beauty sleep blindfold", the voice ordered. The room was poorly lit but it was still bright for Alex who had been hooded for what felt like 2 hours. "Have we met?", Alex asked, pretending not to know the man in the ivory coloured suit, standing in front of him. "Oh, my bad. Let me introduce myself. I am Biodun J Coker but my friends.. and enemies call me CJ don", CJ said, stretching his right hand for a handshake but then said, "Oh, i'm sorry. Your hands are tied", he said with a smirk. "Your character contrasts the colour of your suit", Alex said. "I'd take that as a compliment. I see myself as one who can change colours, you know, like a chameleon", CJ don said, with hand gestures portraying appearance. Alex shook his head, "This is because of Ajifa right? She doesn't want you. Why don't you just give it up?", he asked. "She doesn't.. now but she will, when i get rid of you. I'd be happy to console her", CJ don said, believing his own words. "Let me make this easy for you Captain America. You leave the country and go back to America. I get the girl and no one gets hurt", CJ don stated. "Or?" Alex asked. "Or.. you die. It's as simple as shaku shaku", CJ don said. "Shaku shaku isn't simple", Alex retorted. "For you it isn't", Cj don said, laughing. His men laughed along with him. CJ don's face became stern again. "I'll give you some time to think about your decision. Make sure you choose wisely. Meanwhile, do you want some amala?", CJ don asked. "I mean, after your workout and your rendezvous with my men, you surely need the energy. Untie one hand and tie the other to the chair", CJ don ordered his men and left the room. The men did so and placed the amala in front of the confused Alex. At this point, Alex was convinced that CJ don had a multiple personality disorder.

To be continued...

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

Please don't forget to vote 👍 & leave a comment ✏

Thanks! ❤