Chapter 10

A week had gone by since Ajifa had told Alex of her history with Cj don. She thought it would bridge some distance between them but he was very understanding. "You know who he is?" She had asked after he exclaimed at the bar. "Who doesn't know about Cj don? His activities are quite known in the US. He defrauded a multi-billion company and fled the States. The LAPD are still searching for him", Alex said. "Yeah, he can't be found unless he wants to be found. He's like a ghost. Can't believe i was ever involved with that beast", Ajifa said. "Hey, don't beat yourself up. You had no idea what he was involved with, at the time", Alex said, and this made her thankful.

Cj don's real name was Biodun J.Coker. He was a notorious Internet fraudster, a.k.a Yahoo boy or G boy. People say he started scamming while he was in secondary school and became a professional at the university, where he joined a gang of other G boys. The emergence of the phone application called "groove square", further strengthened his line of expertise. He then acquired a car upgrade, his recent ferrari, which he drove around the Lagos island, to attract rich people. He got them to "invest" in his side business. Biodun Coker was also a drug dealer when he wasn't scamming people for their money.

When they had met two years before, Biodun had told Ajifa that he was a business manager at an offshore company. He made her believe he was into International "import and export" of goods and she went with it, until one fateful day. Ajifa had gone to visit Biodun in his mansion on Banana Island and was making lunch for the both of them. While searching for some seasoning cubes in the kitchen locker, she found a bag of white powder but she didn't want to believe it was cocaine. When Biodun got back, she interrogated him but his explanation wasn't satisfying.

Ajifa began to put the pieces of the puzzle together. Once she had seen a text message on Biodun's phone which read "Don, i've sent the money. When would my package come through? You're delaying". The sender's number was saved as "Island villa customer 2". When Ajifa asked him about it, Biodun said he was getting some rare spare parts for a friend's son. He then starting keeping things from her. His whereabouts, his "friends" and his phone. Many other suspicious events had occurred which got Ajifa worried, until the discovery of the "white powder".

The day Ajifa decided to leave Biodun, he was distraught. He begged her to stay but she asked him to choose between her and his nature of job. He told her if she loved him, she would accept him and his "flaws". They were still having the argument, when Ajifa asked to be dropped off. They were driving on the third main land bridge so he refused, insisting he would take her home. After much struggle, Biodun got frustrated, pulled over and they both got down. Ajifa said she never wanted to see him again and he became furious. He lifted her off the ground, threatened she was never going to get rid of him and that he owned her.

A passer-by saw what was happening and called the Lagos State Police Command. Biodun was arrested but was later released, settling the DPO with a ludicrous amount of bail. Ajifa never heard from him until the day he showed up at her and Nala's hang out. She wished she could just wish him out of her life. Biodun had become a parasite in her flesh and she was worried this would scare Alex away. Her mother noticed her sudden change in behaviour and tried to find out, but Ajifa couldn't tell her parents that her past had come to haunt her.

To be continued...

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
Please don't forget to vote 👍 & leave a comment ✏
Thanks! ❤