Chapter 7

A few weeks went by and Dorcas noticed a certain glow about her daughter, Ajifa. The "Lovey-dovey glow". She smiled while eating her food, giggled while texting on her phone and always accepted to do any chores for her mother. Even her father, James had noticed her new aura. Dorcas asked Ajifa what was "New" and she often responded with a mystery smile.

Alex often came by at her work place, Sophdesign to take her to lunch. Sophdesign was an Interior decorating company that designed spaces for weddings, baby showers and other big events. Her colleagues were always delighted to see the young, buff, chocolate man with the killer smile, and an Eau de cologne that smelled citrusy. She went on dates with Alex on Saturdays to the beach and to restaurants. He opened the doors for her, the car door and pulled a seat for her when they went to eat. It all felt too good to be true.

One evening, Alex dropped Ajifa in front of her home after their date at the Cavy green restaurant. She was wearing a blue, fitted, knee-length, silk dress with her hair put in a sleek bun. Alex was holding her hand and looking into her eyes. "I loved tonight." He said. "Me too", she said smiling. "I'm starting to have feelings for y.." Alex said but was cut off by Ajifa. "I don't want to sound cliche but maybe.. maybe we're moving too fast?" she said. She was afraid of hearing what he was about to say.

"Ajifa... 3 weeks, 5 days and 20 hours isn't moving too fast", Alex said. "So you're counting" Ajifa said smirking and Alex blushed. "Since i met you, I've been happy, i mean, REALLY happy. You've given me this chance despite your past relationship and i don't wanna screw it up", he said. "That's why I'm afraid. Every thing is going so well and i feel like i could suddenly wake up.." Ajifa said. "And realize i'm still here" Alex cut in. "I'll always be here. I've never felt so drawn to any woman like this before. I love you", he bluttered out, his eyes glittering. She let out a little gasp. He drew closer to her and planted a kiss on her lips.

After a moment, she pulled away from his hold and they stared at each other. "I love you" he said again in his deep husky voice, and Ajifa felt little blue birds swarming in her stomach. She also thought she heard slow soft music. "You don't have to say anything back yet", he said with a smile. She was grateful to hear that because she didn't want to say an awkward "Thank you". He walked her to her gate and he asked, "So when do i get to meet your parents?" She turned back and stared at him with her mouth agape and he laughed. "Just kidding... At least for now" he said. She poked him and he kissed her left cheek.

On her way up the stairs, she felt some movement and then the living room light came on. She heard her dad cough mockingly and her mum say, "Madam de madam".

To be continued...

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
Please don't forget to vote 👍 & leave a comment ✏
Thanks! ❤