Chapter 5

Alex was staring at her. He couldn't believe the cliché of it all. The pissed lady from the gym. Life was definitely playing tricks on him today.
"Hi, i'm Alex", he said. He wasn't sure if she was "Eyeing him", as Nigerians would say when someone was giving you a cold stare, or if she had an RBF.

"I'm Ajifa", she finally said. "And I'm Nala, Jude's annoying little sister", Nala said smiling.
I see you two have met?" Nala said, looking expectantly at Ajifa. "Yes, he's the car owner that almost made me miss the exhibition, Ajifa said. "I truly am sorry once again" Alex said in his deep husky voice and an accent that amused her, though she knew it was originally acquired. "It's fine" she said after loosening up.

Alex was still staring at Ajifa and everyone standing near could tell. He admired her rounded nose, her brown eyes that pierced through him like daggers and her rich melanin skin which looked like it dripped of chocolate.
She wore a gold bodycon dress and her body looked like it slept and woke up in the gym. Her bountiful afro hair was held up with a strip of wine colored ankara fabric. Her ear rings were diamond shaped and they hung from her ears like mini chandeliers.

"Alrighty, I'm just gonna catch up with my brother, so you guys can get to know each other better" Nala winked and pulled Jude along with her. Ajifa gave Nala the look of being betrayed, while forcing a smile on her face. "You're beautiful" Alex said and his smile was so genuine, it tickled something in Ajifa's chest.

To be continued...

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
Please don't forget to vote 👍 & leave a comment ✏
Thanks! ❤