Chapter 3

Ajifa looked at the time and it was 2pm! "Demn it, I'm late!" she said, while dashing to the shower. She pressed some lavender shower gel into her peach coloured sponge and started scrubbing every where but her face. In 3 minutes she was out. She was ruffling through her dresses that hung in her huge silver coloured wardrobe, and at the same time, she was looking for a nice pair of stiletto heels to wear.

As she got into the car, her phone rang. "African timing abi? You know the exhibition is for 2pm" Nala said on the other end of the call. She had an American accent but tried her best to speak pidgin english like Ajifa. She admired how her friend could switch from "Proper english" to pidgin at any point in time.

Nala was born in Delta state but her family moved to the US after her dad had secured a job as a Web programmer. After college, Nala's mother thought it best for her to visit and experience Nigeria. Nala enjoyed her time there and then decided to do her National Youth Service Corps program a.k.a NYSC, a training done after one's university or college education, to serve the country for a year. It was at the training camp that she met Ajifa and they had become good friends.

"See ehn, I'm on my way already. No vex. Have people started arriving?" Ajifa asked. "No oh, they are standing outside frying peanuts", Nala said. Ajifa laughed. "Groundnut Nala, not peanuts", she said. "Whatever, just get here A.S.A.P okay? See you soon love".

A few minutes later, Ajifa was already at the Exhibition Centre hall. She was surprised to see mostly Nigerians there but then she saw some plates of small chops and smiled.

To be continued...

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
Please don't forget to vote 👍 & leave a comment ✏
Thanks! ❤