12

~7 years later~

"Arghh! Walk the plank, you filthy English pirate!" Lukas waved his little wooden sword around. You shook your head and scooped your son up in your arms.

"Lukas! We don't say stuff like that out loud, okay? If you insist on badmouthing the English, you can do it when nobody is listening." You said, but laughed and cuddled him to your chest.

Matthias walked out from behind the ship wheel.

"Lukas, do you want to steer?" Matthias asked. Lukas jumped up and down.

"Yes yes yes yes!" He said, and you gave Matthias a look. Matthias sweatdropped.

"I promise I'll be right behind him!" He said, raising his hands in surrender. You nodded and gave Lukas to Matthias. While the two of them were shouting behind you, you walked to the edge of the ship.

You were practically glowing-Matthias, too. The two of you had aged 7 years but still looked radiant as ever. You stayed on Matthias's ship now and learned some self defense so you weren't ever used as a hostage. At first, you were thinking about going back to Europe for an education, but you decided the pain of leaving the man you loved would be too much.

Although you didn't rush you engagement all those years ago, the two of you fell so in love that it was destined to be. Matthias made you feel loved, and Matthias loved that you supported him endlessly.

When he finally proposed, you burst into tears and immediately said yes. 2 years later, little Lukas came along and he had the heart of a pirate and mermaid both. He loved the ocean, but his heart was on the ship.

Your heart felt a pang as you remembered Lukas Bondevik. Many people had died during the Pirate massacre, but they would be remembered in your heart, and someday you would tell little Lukas about the man he was named after. You closed your eyes and smiled.

"Mommy! Can we go for a swim?" You opened your eyes and turned around to see Matthias holding Lukas on his shoulders. You shrugged.

"Why not?" Matthias set Lukas down and the two of you jumped in the water, clothes on. They wouldn't get wet, anyways. As your legs became scaly and became one, Lukas's leg's became scaly as well. However, they wouldn't became one tail-his legs were still there, but just with fins. After all, he wasn't even half mermaid. Atleast he could breathe and stay dry.

You held his hand as Matthias looked down into the rippling water, smiling.