Chapter 15

Two weeks already passed and Kaira never again talked about loving each other and all those stuffs... initial 2-3 days were actually a bit awkward but they could come out of the awkwardness with the help of their beautiful bonding and pure friendship..

Kartik was finally promoted to Inspector..

Kartik was sitting in the police station and was thinking about Naira because he didn't have much work that day when his phone beeped and it was a message from Naira..

The message says 'call me when you are free.. got to share something wid u'

She knew he keeps busy and calling him and disturbing him on his duty hour is not a right thing..

Seeing the message he called her immediately since he was free..

Naira picked up the call..

Naira (quite excitedly) : Hello!! Free ho ??

Kartik : Haan hu.. bolo.. kush lag rahi ho.. Kya baat hai??

Naira : Pakka free ho na I mean mere liye sirf..

Kartik : Arrey nahi baba.. pakka free hu.. tum bolo na hua kya hai..

She got more excited..

Naira : Tumhe pata hai college mein abhi kya ho raha hai.. you know what agar tum yahan hote to main tumhe zor se hug Kar leti..

Kartik smiled at her childish behavior..

Kartik : Aisa kya ho gaya ki meri Naira itni khush ho gayi..

They both realised that he said Meri Naira..

Kartik : Woh sorry.. I did not mean to..

Naira : Arrey jaane do.. tum suno to kya ho raha hai..

Kartik : Haan bolo..

Naira : College mein abhi ek famous production house see kuch log aaye hue hai aur woh log fresh talent dhund rahe hai..

Kartik did not get what she actually was trying to tell him..

Kartik : Hm.. accha..

Naira : Kya hm accha?? Arrey tumhe samajh mein nahi aaya.. woh log audition le rahe hai.. woh bhi pata show ke lead ke liye..

He still was unable to get her point..

Kartik : Okay that's great..

Naira : Kya?? Bass that's great!! Aur kuch nahi kahoge??

Kartik(being confused) : Umm.. kya bol rahi ho Naira.. kuch samajh mein nahi aa raha.. please clearly batao mujhe.. baat ko ghumao mat..

Naira : Oh God!! Tum kuch nahi samajhte.. main yeh kah rahi hu ki main audition dene jaau??

Kartik : Tum?? Audition?? Nahi I mean ki tumhe iss sab ka shauk hai.. ??

Naira : Haan.. I mean shauk kise nahi hota..?? aur bachpan mein main school drama bhi kia karti thii.. haan I know woh bohut hi chota platform hai but still woh log to yahan pe fresh talent dhundne hi aaya hai na.. so I can give it a try right??

Kartik : Arrey neki aur puch puch.. tum jaao.. bilkul jaao.. all the best Naira.. I know you will give your best..

Naira : Par Kartik thoda tension bhi ho raha hai..

Kartik : Naira take a deep breath, relax yourself and go grab  the opportunity..

Naira : Tum humesha meri saari tension dur bhaga dete ho Kartik.. kaash tum abhi mere saath yahan hote..

Kartik : Aa jaau??

Naira : Arrey nahi nahi you concentrate on your work.. accha suno need to go now..

Kartik : Haan all the best..

Naira : Thank you Kartik..

They hung up the call..

Later in the evening Kartik as usual went to pick her up from the college..

She came out and as soon as she saw Kartik on his bike she ran towards her and hugged him tight.. he reciprocated happily..

Kartik : Hmm.. lagta hai kuch to hua hai.. kyun ??

Naira broke the hug and looked at him happily.. and nodded in a yes..

Kartik : To batao kya hua??

Naira : Yahan nahi ghar chalke..

Kartik : Par kyun??

Naira : Aise hi.. .

Kartik : Accha thik hai Chalo..

She sat on the bike, held him tightly by keeping one hand on his shoulder and the other hand clutching his shirt on the waist .

Everytime she does that he feels a different spark.. he is the most happiest person whenever she touches him, hugs him, shares her happiness, secrets but doesn't express since he promised to give her time and not to bother her with all those talks .. not to forget Naira also feels some kind of attraction when he touches.. actually with everything he does but it's just that She fears and  keeps on brushing off the feelings..

They reached Naira's flat.. since she was tired he made tea for both of them ..

Naira : Kartik tumhe pata hai wahan kya hua??

Kartik : Kya hua??

Naira : Mera audition bahut acca hua aur unhone very good bhi kaha..

Kartik : That's great..

Naira : I hope ki main select ho jaau..

Kartik : Tum expect kar rahi ho ki u will be selected..

Naira : Kyun tum nahi Kar rahe ho??

Kartik : Tumse bhi zyada.. par agar nahi hua toh you will not get disheartened promise me that..

She smiled with affection in her eyes.. she knew he can't see her upset or disheartened..

Naira : Promise..

They ended their further chit chat session that day on a happy note..

Few more days passed and they were sitting in her house when her phone started ringing.. the caller ID flashed an unknown numbe .. she picked it up..

Throughout the conversation she had a beautiful smile pasted on her face.. thanked the person.. took some general details about where to go, when to go at what time which day etc..

Naira : Guess what??

Kartik : What.??

Naira : Uss din jo audition dia tha na maine.. am selected and has been called for look test.. can you believe it?? Main select ho gayi.. yayyyyy yayyy main select ho gayi..

Kartik : What are you saying!! Nairaaaaa !! Tumne to kamaal kar diya.. I am so happy .. congratulations..

She was laughing like a fool.. she pulled Kartik up from the couch by his hand and started dancing and jumping..

After few minutes finally Kartik stopped her..

Kartik : Bass bass thak jayogi tum..

Naira : Okay.. ek minute Abhishek ko batati hu ruko..

She called Abhishek they both talked to him... Abhishek congratulated her and all three of them were happy beyond imagination..

------------------------------------------------------

Next update after 21st of June or so (kindly refer to 'Information' of the book 'EXTRAS' on my profile)

I am already missing you guys so much..  😭😭..
-------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for such overwhelming responses..

Apologies for any kind of mistake..

--Adhira