Chapter 16

Six months already passed after Naira getting selected in a daily soap for the female lead..

Kaira's relationship was still the same.. they both got busy with their  respective jobs and were unable to spend much time with each other though Kartik never fails to drop or pick her from her set if he is free.. so was with Abhishek..

Naira was quite a public figure now..  whenever she goes out some people recognizses her and come up to her to talk and take selfies, autograph and so on...

Kartik and Abhishek were so happy for her .. sometimes they couldn't believe that it's really happening with their own Naira..

Her family when got to know about her acting and all they tried contacting her and tried taking back her home but she clearly refused.. she also returned all the money she was taking for these years because she was now able to.. she broke all the remaining ties with her family..

Life was going on like this for them..

One fine day Kaira decided to meet at their old coffee shop since they were missing each other's company.. for long they haven't met owing to both of their hectic schedule..

When Naira reached, Kartik was already sitting there engrossed in his phone scrolling through something..

She came near him and tapped on his shoulder..

Naira : Itne ghus ke kya research kar rahe ho mendhak??

She went and sat opposite to him..

Kartik looked up..

Kartik : Kya kaha??

Naira : Maine kaha ki tum itne dhyaan se dekh kya rahe ho??

Kartik : Nahi woh nahi.. tumne mujhe kya bulaya..

Naira : Oh tumhe??

Naira laughed loudly..

Naira: Mendhak kaha...

Kartik : And why so??

Naira : Hahaha!! Kyunki tum mendhak ki tarah tarah bari bari aankhon se kuch dekh rahe the aur tum kaafi tarr tarr bhi karte ho isiliye..

Kartik : Very funny..

Naira : I know..

He was still scrolling through the phone..

Naira: Arrey tumhara best friend idhar tumhare saamne baithi hai aur tum ho ki phone pe ghuse pare ho..

Kartik: Tumhe hi dekh raha hu..

Naira : Matlab..??

Kartik : I was just scrolling through your insta account..

Naira : Oho!! To janab ko finally social media mein aane ka time mil hi Gaya.. aur aake hi stalking shuru..

Kartik : I wasn't stalking.. was just going through and nothing else..

Naira : To kaise lage pics Kartik..??

He sighed..

Kartik (to himself) : Saare pics to..

Naira : Kya ho gaya Mendhak..

Kartik : Tumhare kaafi saare pics to Ishaan ke saath hai...

Naora : Haan he is a such a good guy you know... bahut help karta hai meri woh..

Kartik : I understand humesha tum log saath hi rahte ho..

He fisted his hand which was on his thighs under the table so that Naira cannot sense it..