Chapter 66

I was up at 5:45 waiting for Liam's call. I knew he'd ring me back – he was one of those who would be in the photos and videos taken that night at the club, and he had a lot more to lose than I did. Liam Hoyt Preston and I had known one another for years. We'd attended the same school, at one point, and then later we'd been at Harvard together. One of the Seattle Prestons, Liam was from multigenerational power and money. His father and grandfather had both been in politics, and Liam was running for Senator. With his education and background, there was even talk he might eventually run for President. Sure, my image and GEH would take a hit if I was outed as part of the lifestyle, but were Liam outed it would destroy his whole life. Which is why I knew he'd call.

Right on 6:00 my cell rang. I was sitting at the dining table in our suite so I wouldn't disturb Ana in our bedroom. While she'd been keeping up the pace on our honeymoon tour admirably, I couldn't forget that she was growing our baby – which is why I wanted her to sleep as late as possible today given tomorrow would be an early start for the Book of Kells and Trinity College tour.

"Grey," I greeted, hoping that Liam had something good to tell me.

"Christian," Liam greeted. "Everyone there that night has been identified, and the word is out."

"How did you manage that?"

"I rang the club and explained the threat. The owner would not release any information, of course, but he checked the member's log, worked out the date in question and who was there. He's contacted everyone possible to warn them. He only mentioned Elena's name, so there is nothing to tie this to either of us."

I grunted in acknowledgment. It was a smart way of going about things. I was an unknown, back then. Unless the photos or videos came out, no one had any reason to connect me to the college kid who was there one night so many years ago.

"So, what happens now?" Preston asked.

"For now, we wait and see if she gets bail. It's not a given – she might be considered too much of a flight risk."

"And the images?"

"Leave that with me."

I rang off. 10:05 pm Seattle time. Time for another phone call.

"This is Christian Grey."

"Sir. I've been expecting your call."

"Indeed. Did you know about the underage boys?"

"Certainly not!" Isaac replied, and I believed him. Elena's submissive for over two years, his voice had a note of revulsion that all but screamed veracity. "She'd send me away, so I knew she was playing privately with others from time to time, but I had no idea they were underage."

"Are you aware she's made threats?"

"No?" He sounded uncomfortable, which was understandable given the circumstances.

"She is threatening to expose some very powerful people," I commented. "She claims to have photos and videos. Photos and videos she has threatened to release..."

"There are photos," Isaac confirmed. "She was boasting about people she'd scened with at a club in New York, and showed them to me a year or so back."

"So - are you helping her with this?!"

"No, Sir! It's bad enough I've been named and questioned by the police when they identified me from images on her laptop. I don't know anything about her abusing minors, and I don't want anything to do with her outing anyone."

"Do you know where the images are?" I demanded, careful to keep the hope from my voice.

"Not for sure. There are a couple of places they could be," Isaac admitted. "It would be worth checking her house." He paused. "The police have searched it, but without knowing the place, they'd be unlikely to find any of her hidy holes... I still have my key..."