Chapter 4

I was really worried, I decided to go and talk to the captain and talk to him about the upcoming weather. If there was really bad weather. I knocked on the glass door that lead me to where he was sitting. I heard him say to come in.

"What can I help you with?"

"I just had a couple questions."

"Hit me." He chuckled.

"There was a tweet that I saw on Twitter, it said that there was some bad weather in Brazil. If we did come upon bad weather what would we do?"

"Depends on the severity of the weather. If it was just rain, we could fly through. There might be some unsteadiness that occurs, but it won't be to bed. The plane will just shake a little, it's very scary if you've never been through it. If there's wind and rains, it gets very scary, we have to make very sharp turns, everybody will be required to seat belt up. I can check for any upcoming bad weather if you'd like. What makes you ask these questions?"

"Well my boyfriend, his aunt died when they hit bad weather, the plane malfunctioned, he's hated planes."

"It seems there is some pretty harsh weather coming. Wow, thats probably one of the worst storms I've been through. It's coming in 15 miles. About 30 minutes. If you want to go seatbelt everyone you can. Or aware them of it." A tear slid down my face. "It'll be okay. Nothing bad will happen. You can even sleep if you want. I'll turn on the lights back there to start waking everyone up." I ran back to where everybody was sleeping. I started talking very loudly so everyone would wake up.

"Hey! Guys, wake up!!!'' I yelped.

"Are we there?" Candice asked.

''No, but were coming up to some severe weather. Everyone is required to put there seatbelts on, it's estimated we'll be hitting the weather in about 30 minutes or so. Kyle said it's going to be harsh weather, but everything will be okay. It's scary he said, but we'll get used to it.'' I looked around at everybody, they had fear in there eyes. I looked over at Ian, who was getting up and walking to the back.

"Where are you going, get back here." Kat said.

"Where's he going?" Candice asked. Oh my gosh, his aunt.

"His aunt, died on a plane when they hit bad weather. Oh my gosh. I have to go check on him." Everyone's mouths opened in sadness. They felt bad for him. This was his first time back on a plane. I went through the glass door and pass the bathroom to find him sitting on the floor.

"Ian.."

"Go, away." I didn't think he knew it was me.

"It's me Nina." He looked up he was crying.

''I'm sorry Neen.'' I ran over to him and sat down next to him, hugging him.

''You don't have to apologize, listen to me. Everything is going to be okay. Nothing's going to go wrong.''

''My aunt. She she's de-''

''Shhhh. Everything will be okay.'' Just then Candice walked in.

''Everything okay?'' I looked at her ad shook my head no. She came over and hugged Ian with me.

''Ian, everything is going to be okay. I know you're probably scared, you have every right to be. It's going to be okay. Shhh.'' Candice said trying to calm him down. Just then the lights went off and I heard everyone sitting scream.

''Nina!'' Ian yelled.

''Shh, I'm right here. Candice, Ian you okay?'' They both agreed.

''Nina, I'm scared.'' Candice admitted. I pulled out my phone and turned the flashlight on. We went back to the front.

''Guys, let's all move to the back row, we can all sit together. Calm down, we're going to be okay!''

Everyone got up and moved the the back. Everyone was filled with fear. I wasn't ready for this. Ian wasn't ready, nobody was. All of a sudden the intercom came on.

"Nina, please can you come up here?" It was pitch black but I managed to get myself to where Kyle was sitting.

"What?"

"We are about to enter harsh weather. I need you to take all suitcases down from the top shelves."

"Okay, if there is harsh weather in Brazil, then why are we hitting it now?"

"The weather is funny like that, it's moving with a 400 mile radius."

"So, the weather could be like this the whole time? The lights will remain off the whole time?''

''Lights, yes. Whole time, maybe. Now go.'' I went to the back and threw all the suitcases on the floor. Ian was at the window seat and I went back to sit with him. I looked over at Ian. I rubbed his shoulder. He lied his head down on my shoulder. I looked over at Trevino who was sitting right next to me. I put my hand on his knee.

"It's going to be okay.''

''What if it's not?'' Joseph asked.

''It will be. Guys we'll be okay. Were all scared and on the verge of breaking down in tears, if you're anything like me, your already in tears, but we'll all be okay.'' Candace said. I moved the arm rest up and held Ian tight.

*Ian's P.O.V.*

No. No. This can't be happening. Nina moved the arm rest up and held me. I felt safer with her, but still not 100% safe. I think everyone had tears in there eyes.

''Nina, I can't do this.'' I admitted.

''Ian, yes you can. Shh. It's going to be okay.'' The plane jolted. Screams arose. What the hell was that? I wasn't prepared for this, I hoped just for one second that is I closed my eyes and then opened them, that everything would be okay. But that wasn't the truth. The truth was, we were going through shitty weather, and I was scared, we all were. The memories of my aunts death kept coming back into my head. Over and over again. I couldn't take it. Why did I agree to this trip. I took out my phone and looked at the time. It was 7:43 a.m. I peeked through the windows, it was as black as the night sky. I knew if I looked out the window any longer than I would see something, something to scare me even more. I slammed the window shut.

"Everyone good?' I asked.

"What's your definition of good?" Kat asked.

"Alive, yes, were all alive.'' Candice added.

"Nautious from all the plane movements. Yes, or is that just me?'' Trevino asked.

''It's not just you.'' Paul said.

''Agreed." Joseph commented.

''Listen, I don't need anyone puking on the floors. There's four bathrooms in the back. That's what they are there for.'' Candice announced.

''I might just go use one.'' Joseph said.

''Be careful. You know with all the jolting around.'' Nina said. She was so sweet. She was loving, and comforting. She looked back over at me.

"Are you okay, Ian?

"I'm not ready for this." I started tearing up. "My aunt died only a few months ago in this same situation. I mean none of us are really ready for this. Joseph is in the bathroom, getting sick and what not. You know, it's just hard."

"I know. I know it's hard.'' Nina leaned over and kissed my forehead. ''I know.''