Chapter 10

*Nina's P.O.V*

I woke up sweaty and nervous. What was I dreaming of the frightened me so much? I looked around and everyone was still fast asleep. I picked up my phone and realized I had a missed call. I called the number back.

"Hi, I got a missed call from this number?"

"Ah, yes. Ms. Dobrev, correct?"

"Yes ma'am. Who am I speaking to if I may ask."

"Hi, my name is Maureen, I'm from the Sheriff's Department. We just needed to inform you that Kyle has been released. He claimed that they hit him first."

"What? Are you kidding! I have three guys here that got all injured my him. I have my friend Trevino that got a small cut from the knife Kyle used. Then my boyfriend Ian, who got punched and elbowed in the face and then I have my friend Paul, who has cuts and bruises all over his face from Kyle! You wanna tell me you released him?"

"Yes ma'am, have a nice day." I hung up. I was infuriated! Knowing that my crazy ex boyfriend is on the loose, scares me more than ever. I walked into the bathroom and splashed some water on my face. I threw my hair into a ponytail and then grabbed my oversized Red Hot Chili Peppers sweatshirt and put it on. I got back and crawled into bed with Ian. He rolled over and then I held him up into my arms. I kissed him on the forehead and whispered I love you into his ear. He smiled. I kissed him on the lips.

"How ya feeling?" I asked, concerned about him and the rest of the guys.

"As best as you can for the shit being bit out of you."

"Listen, when you were sleeping, the police department called, they released Kyle. He claimed you guys hit him first. Ian, it's not safe for any of us here!" His eyes started to water and a tear fell from his face.

"Ian, what's wrong? Talk to me."

"I didn't want to tell anyone because you were all having such a good time, but my dad went into the hospital two nights ago. He had a stroke and they don't know if he'll recover." I pulled him into my arms.

"We're getting on the first plane back home."

"We don't have to."

"Yes we do."