Chapter 17

*Nina's P.O.V.*
I hear the doors open and three cops come entering in. Dr. Kraten leaves the room.
"Hi I'm Sargent Reid I would like to ask you both some questions regarding Ian. One at a time, please. Whoever wishes to go first."
"I'll go first I suppose. " Paul walks out.
"First off how did you find him?"
"Our friend Paul actually found him and immediately called me. Fortunately I was on the way home. When I came home there was blood everywhere. It didn't look like our house. He was drenched in blood. There was a knife on the floor."
"Has there been any trouble with either of you lately?"
"No sir, his father recently passed away. Before I left he said he was going to contact his mother but I'm sure what happened between their conversation."
"We can call her and tell her what has happened and ask her. I'm very sorry that you have to go through all this. If you don't mind we will interview Paul now."
I exit the room and tap Paul on the shoulder telling him it is his turn to get interviewed.

*Paul's P.O.V*
I walk in the room. This is so surreal. I shake the detectives have and take a seat.
"Hi. I'm Paul, how can I help you?"
"We heard you found Ian. How?"
"I went to drop off flowers because I heard his dad had passed away. I knocked and looked in the kitchen window that's when I saw a body l blurry image, I heard a scream heard what sounded like a knife and that's when I broke the lock and ran in to find him bleeding and it was just a horrific sight."
"Understandable. Do you have any idea why he would do this?"
"Not a clue. I mean I know how his dad just died but he had grand ideas of how to remember him. He had a beautiful set up."
"Okay. Well we are going to talk to Nina to gain access to her house. "
"Okay."
The detectives and I walked out to find Nina no where to be found.
"Nina?"
She came around a corner, tears in her eyes. She was on the phone.

*Nina's P.O.V*
"Excuse me?" I was on the phone with Ian's mother, enraged with what she was saying.
"Should've let him go on his way. Is a shame you let him live."
"Nina?" I heard Paul call for me. I came around the corner.
"What's wrong?" Paul asked.
"Here take the phone. Find our for yourself. I want to kill this bitch."

*Paul's P.O.V*
Nina hands me the phone and I start to ask who is on the phone. But I am cut short. By a voice who I recognize as Ian's mom.
"Really, should've let him die. "
"What the hell is wrong with you? This is your son!" I hang up. Infuriated by the few words she has spoken.