#22 - Comatose

MANHATTAN, NEW YORK

A pair of purely white eyes appeared in the shadows of a back alleyway. These were the white eyes of the Mania symbiote who stepped out. There was no one else back here with her. She walked to a door all while keeping an eye out. Once there she opened the door and walked into a bar that seemed to be for costumed people.

"Nothing but a room full of clowns," said Mania as she approached the bar looking for the bartender. "Who's working the bar?"

Mania didn't get an answer right away. She looked around the room to see everyone's attention was on her. These costumed people were all villains. She was able to pick a few out of the crowd that she knew but the majority she was unfamiliar with.

"We don't welcome Spiders here!" said a man dressed up in a kangaroo-themed costume.

Another one who turned his arms to water stood up. "I hate Spiders!"

"Call me a spider again and see where it gets you!" exclaimed Mania.

"Whoa, whoa," called someone from the entrance. "There are no Spiders here. We represent the Cult of the Tarantula. We are firmly against anything to do with spiders."

The wizard known as Misterioso walked in and approached Mania. Behind him followed the maniac known as Spidercide.

"Well, my name is Spidercide," he added to the conversation. "I thought of a name change but 'Tarantulacide' just doesn't pop like I want it."

"Well, if it isn't the Mysterio rip off and the deranged Spider-Man clone." Mania seemed unamused by their appearance. "Did you follow me here?"

"Boss lady said she wanted us to back you," replied Spidercide.

"Weren't you working for the Jackal?" asked Mania. "Never mind. I don't really care. I'm not interested in your help."

"If you want to find Menace you'll need our help," claimed Misterioso. "You won't find what you seek here."

"And you know where to look?" questioned Mania.

"Come." Misterioso motioned for Mania to follow them outside the bar.

LUCAS AND LYNN'S APARTMENT

Rocky and Lynn sat next to each other. It was the morning after Lucas was brought home after being horribly wounded by the newest goblin known as Menace. Elizabeth sat in a recliner with her hands folded in her lap. 

"She's been in there for awhile," said Rocky. "Should we check on her?"

Lynn shook her head. "Jessica knows what she's doing. She doesn't need our help. Although, I wish there was something I could do to help."

"There is something you can do." Jessica entered the room. "I could actually use all your help. If you want to help Lucas, come with me."

Jessica headed back toward Lucas's bedroom and lightly waved her right hand for them to follow her. They entered the room to see Jessica sit at the head of his bed. She crossed her legs while holding him up so she could place his head in her lap. She then pointed her left hand at three chairs she setup for them to sit.

"What we're about to do I've only done with Lucas and Anya," said Jessica. "We're going to the Realm of the Hunters. I've studied up on the realm and it's said that only the hosts of the Hunters and skilled magicians are able to handle its hostility, but I think my magic will be strong enough to protect Lynn and Rocky. Elizabeth, I have a hunch that your connection to your mother and father will be enough to protect you."

"What exactly are we doing?" asked Rocky. "I'm not too familiar with all this stuff."

"We're going to piece Lucas back together," replied Jessica. "If you don't want to take part in this I'll understand. Leave this room while you have the chance."