#8 - Homicidal Part 1

BROOKLYN, NEW YORK - CORAZON HOUSEHOLD

Lucas walked inside Anya's house. She had told him to come over and that she would leave the door open for him. He found it to be unusually quiet. Whenever Anya had told Lucas to come over she was usually downstairs waiting for him. He headed upstairs to her bedroom. He knocked on the door and got no answer.

"Anya?" he asked only to get no response. "Are you even home?"

He had no idea why he asked that. The two soon-to-be high school graduates had been dating for a couple months. During this time Lucas had not been in Anya's room once and didn't know if it would be right to walk in on her. He made a decision to just go in. There he would find Anya sleeping at her desk.

"Not surprised," he sighed. "You've been tiring yourself out lately. I guess managing school work while living a second life is finally catching up you. And me...I'm talking to my girlfriend who passed out into her textbooks."

"Wha...!" she quickly popped her head up with a piece of paper stuck to her face. "Lucas? What are you doing in my room?"

"Umm, you have something sticking on your face." He pointed to it. "You told me to come over."

"Is it that time already?" She sprung up from her chair quickly. "Oh, my god I can't believe I fell asleep while doing my homework."

"I can."

Anya shifted through her papers to try and figure out what she was doing. Now frustrated, she grabbed her forehead and closed her eyes. Lucas walked over to her and put his hands on her shoulders. Anya removed her hand from her forehead and leaned her head on one of his hands.

"Hmm..." he just let her stay like that for a minute.

"You're always so warm," she said with her eyes shut. "I guess it's just the benefit of your powers. I could just sit like this forever without a care in the world."

"Unfortunately, we don't have forever," he broke up the dream. "I know you have a lot of homework to do but I think you need to get some rest. You're doing too much. You're running yourself ragged."

"You think so?" She turned her seat to face him with a smile on her face. "How sweet you're worrying about me. Well, if you think I need some rest, the only way you're gonna get me to do that is by resting with me."

He blushed.

"What are you thinking about?" she laughed. "You pervy little doofus."

"What I just..." he tried to explain himself.

"Relax," she continued laughing. "I was just joking. No need to get all nervous when you're around me. You're my boyfriend you should feel comfortable lying next to me and I do mean with our clothes on. I don't know what you were thinking about."

Anya pulled him into her bed. She rested her head on his chest.

"So warm," she muttered before drifting asleep.

He looked down at her curiously. "Hope you enjoy your rest."

SOMEWHERE...

A cool breeze blew through the night sky. On one of the many rooftops in the city a man in black cloak stood with his strange white ethereal misty head in which his face is indistinguishable but hidden blowing along with the wind. The only other thing visible from his cloak was the large amulet around his neck depicting three eyeballs.

"So you're the guy the boss wants to join the gang, huh?" the man asked. "Is there any particular reason why you look like a Spider-Man on steroids?"

"Funny," laughed the second man on the roof. "The reason I look like Spider-Man is because I am him. Or better yet a clone of him. You can call me Spidercide. And you would be?"