Chapter 36

Crystal's POV- My parents talked, and I was now going to do online schooling. We were all going home to visit our family. My hand was intertwined with Matt's. We were waiting for our plane to board. "I'm gonna miss you," I whispered. "I'm gonna miss you too, I'll miss being next to you," Matt said. My flight was called. "Goodbye Matt," I said. "Bye babe,"
Matt replied. I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. He gave me a quick kiss, and I boarded my plane.
*magic time skip wooh!*

I was at home. I was invited to a party, which Jennifer was invited to. I didn't want to go but Jenny forced me to. I decided to go casual, and wore a stay weird shirt, Light skinny jeans, rolled up, and my white converse. Jennifer's sister Betsy, dropped us off. Lots of people were there, at this huge house. It reeked of alcohol. "I'm gonna go hang with Asia, I'll be back," Jennifer said. I nodded. Most of the people drinking were outside. "Well well well. If it isn't, "Miss Famous," a snooty voice said. It was Mackenzie Waters. The most annoying prep I've met. "What do you want," I snapped. "You think you're famous? You're pathetic. I don't know what that hottie, Matt sees in you. All I see is failure," Mackenzie laughed.

Anger boiled in me. "At least people actually like me!," I yelled. "You're just want his fame, and you're a terrible singer," Mackenzie said. That was it. How dare she say that. I raised my hand, and slapped her across the face. She was shocked. She lunged at me, and clawed my face. I punched her in the nose, her nose bleeding. She held her nose, like a prep. "Don't ever talk about me," I shouted. Everyone looked at me, and I stormed outside. I texted Jennifer, that I was leaving and she came out. I told her about that bitch, and she laughed and applauded. "She deserved it tbh," Jenny said. I laughed.

We said goodbye, and I stormed into my room. My parents were in their room. I inspected my face, and there wasn't a mark on me. Maybe Mackenzie was right. I am pathetic. Why is Matt even dating me? There is a lot if other pretty girls out their, way gorgeous than me. I looked through my mentions, and looked through the hate comments. "Ew kill yourself you fat bitch". "You want Matt for his fame". "You're not that pretty tbh". Why did everyone hate me. I don't know why this was getting to me. I shut my laptop. "No you are beautiful and not a failure," I said to myself. I wasn't gotta let haters let me down. I was stronger than that.

2 weeks later*
Matt's POV- I was catching up with friends, it was amazing. It was august, and it was pretty warm. I decided to FaceTime Crystal. I called and immediately saw her beautiful smile on camera. "Hey gorgeous!," I said. "Hey Mattie, I've missed you!," Crystal said. "Me too. How's visiting home?," I asked. "It's been fun, I've been catching up with my friends, and I've also been learning American Sign Language!," Crystal exclaimed. "That seems exciting," I said. I saw Crystal's face fall. "What's wrong babe?," I asked, concerned. "It's nothing," Crystal said quietly.

"It's just that people have been hating on me a lot. Even here. Telling me I shouldn't even be "famous", and I'm using you for fame," Crystal said. "Crystal. You are talented. And we love each other," I said. "I know," Crystal mumbled. "Are you okay?," I asked. "I know I promised not to do this," Crystal said softly. She had her hands in her face. My heart raced. I gasped. "Crystal please tell me you haven't," I pleaded. A tear rolled down my cheek. "I'm trying to be strong, but it's getting to me. I know I'm stupid," Crystal sobbed. The thought of Crystal holding a blade to her skin, and harming herself, my angel didn't deserve that.

"You're not stupid. Stay strong babe. You're beautiful, and talented. I love you," I whispered. "Thank you Matt. I threw away everything that was sharp," Crystal sighed. "Please don't do that again, It hurts me," I choked. "I promise," Crystal said, wiping her tears away. "I love you, and I swear I'll see you soon babe," I said. "I love you. You're my hero," Crystal hiccuped. I ended the call. I got on twitter. @TheMattEspinosa: why do people hate on people, just to bring them down. Words hurt people.

I hope Crystal was doing okay. I couldn't imagine losing her.

Hi guys! I hope you enjoyed that chapter! It's crappy though, so sorry for that but I'm kinda stressed. I love all of you, thank you for the reads & votes. I'll update soon❤️ ilysm xoxo Elizabeth 🌟