Jensen Ackles and The Supposed Immune System of Steel

Requested from: izzey2009

*__________________________*

The day starts early, all cast members arrive to the set at 7 in the morning from their trailers, to run over lines before filming. Jared Padalecki sat next to his co-star and best friend Jensen Ackles to memorize their lines for the first few scenes. He's heard many times before that the man had an "immune system of steel." Jared merely laughed at the proposition. This is one of the times, where Jared knew Jensen's so called "immune system of steel" was a bit rusted and worn.

Jensen had walked in slowly, sitting heavily in the chair off set where Jared had already been sitting, Misha joining shortly after. The three spoke over their lines and discussed what they wanted to change for at least one take to see if that would stay in. Jared and Misha were talking mostly, while Jensen sat quietly, watching, looking very drowsy and out of it. His voice was rough when he did speak and he would cough so hard it even sounded painful. Misha would pat his back gently, to help calm him down.

"Jensen. Are you sure you're okay?" Jared asked knitting his eyebrows together worriedly. Knowing he had asked previously that morning.

Jensen nodded, regretting it almost instantly when it sent his vision spinning. He shook his head, quickly admitting defeat. "I feel like absolute shit..." He shoved his pale face into his shaking hands.

"Here let's get you to my trailer, I'll take care of ya." Jared told him standing on his feet.

Misha rubbed the man's back softly as he started coughing again. "I'll stop by after I let Kripke know, you're too sick to do anything today." He spoke quietly assuming Jensen had a headache.

"Thanks Mish." Jared smiled, helping Jensen onto his feet. "Off we go to the healing trailer!" He chuckled helping the man walk. He kept a gentle guiding hand on Jensen's lower back as they walked slowly. Jensen stumbled a little bit a couple times, quickly moving to grab ahold of Jared, who would move and put a comforting arm around him to make sure he wouldn't fall.

When they finally got to Jared's trailer, he let Jensen lean on the cool metal of the trailer as he unlocked the door, then he gently helped him up the stairs and onto the bed at the very back. "J-Jared... I'm sure Kripke isn't going care how sick I am..." Jensen coughed weekly sitting up and leaning against the headboard with a groan. "And if he doesn't, I don't care if he gets mad." Jared smiled, chuckling to himself.

"Yeah well... I mean." Jensen mumbled, groaning when it hurt slightly to breathe. He sniffles a couple times and Jared went off to grab a tissue box for him. "Hey, Jensen? What kind of juice do you like? I've got orange or apple." He asked knowing he probably need something with some vitamin C in it to help him get better faster.

"Orange juice is ogay..." He sniffled suddenly stuffed up, but it was still running. "Dammid." He sighed.

"What?" Jared smiled bringing a glass of orange juice and the tissue box.

"Mby nose is sduffed ub..." He grabbed the tissue box and blowed his nose, sighing when it helped eliminate some of the pressure and he wasn't as stuffed up. "Thankgs..." He took another and blowed his nose again. After picking up the glass of orange juice is with shaky hands, Jensen started coughing spilling some of the juice over the blanket that was covering him.

"Here, I'll help." Jared chuckled, sitting on the edge of the bed after taking off the blanket, he took the glass and careful helped him take a sip.

"Thanks..." He blushed only a little.

A knock sounded from the trailer door, and Jared got up to greet Misha. "Hey, what did Kripke say?" He asked as Misha came up the stairs and followed him to the back after closing the door.