Sweetie You Had Me Chp. 15

The door clicked shut and the room was silent. I was left on the couch. The pillows had been scattered onto the floor from our recent canoodling.

I sat up and rested my elbows on my knees. Ryan may have left, but his kiss and the tingling feeling of it didn't. I couldn't wait till he came back.

I ended up leaving the couch and made my way to the guys' room. All I could think of was wow. Bed sheets were sprawled out over the floor. Some hung off the beds, twisted and untucked. Brendon's mattress was practically sideways and off his bed. Well, boys will be boys.

I figured why not clean their room for them. They've worked so hard on this album, having to sacrifice any time to themselves or with their girlfriends.

It was almost weird to consider myself as "Ryan Ross's girlfriend". The thought made me tingle inside. And I realized Brent didn't have a girlfriend. He'd been the most quiet on this whole trip. I was beginning to feel a little suspicious of him.

I shook the thought from my head and started untwisting and tucking sheets. As I was making Ryan's bed, I found that a smile had crept on my face. His bed; the spot where our first kiss was made. The place where he admitted his feelings to me.

My memories where interrupted when the sound of something other than bed sheets hit the floor. I recognized Ryan's blue notebook as it lay half under the bed with its pages opened. I picked it up by its metal rings once I'd finished making the bed. I set it on the night stand and stopped. My eyes glided back to the notebook. I hadn't taken a look inside since we wrote those songs in the dining hall at college before he dropped out.

Climbing onto his bed, I opened to where I knew I'd left off back then. Many more songs had been written. I was glued to the pages for a good 15 minutes, thoroughly reading through every intricately written word of genius. When I finished I decided to write a little something of my own in there. Maybe it'd spark an idea. I grabbed a pencil from the nightstand and turned to the first blank page and wrote:

"You know it will always just be me"

I set the pencil next to me on the bed and looked at what I had written. The quote actually meant a lot to our relationship as a whole throughout the years. It had always just been me who knew his secrets, his past, his dreams, everything. And now that we were dating he'd still always have me. When I first met him I felt something different. Something felt off that moment he glanced up at me at the lunch table in grade school, with his innocent brown eyes gazing into mine. It may have been off, but it felt right. Like a completion of myself and my being. I wasn't sure what, but I knew it was good and it was sure to change my life for the better. Everything was great so far. I couldn't wait to see what was next with us. The suspense was killing me, but made me feel more alive than anything else. He was meant for me, and I for him.

I breathed a happy sigh and picked up the pencil one last time before I set everything back on the nightstand. I drew a little heart at the end of my quote and closed the notebook.

••••

"What do you want to do?" Jillian whined. She was sprawled out on her freshly made bed with her hair draped over one side. She tilted her head back until her locks touched the carpeted floor. "Seriously, I've never been so bored."

We'd basically exhausted every possible thing to do within the first month here. It was raining, so that kind of threw out a bunch of options.

"We could see a movie," I suggested doubtfully.

"Nothing good's out," Jillian answered single-toned.

I softly tapped the back of my skull off the wall I sat against on the opposite side of the room as Jillian. As if beating my head off the wall would give me an idea...