Six

Memories are special moments that tell our story.

We must have been at the water park for at least five seconds before I noticed a zillion things that I wanted to do.

When we were in the swimming pool, all the boys were lining up at what must have been the seventh slide there, but the sixtieth time that we had gone down one.

“Aw” Ashley said with a grin on her face as she held onto the ladder.

I smiled back at her and held onto the other side of the ladder.

“You really didn’t realise” she moaned.

“Realise what?” I complained

“You and Dylan must have been looking at each other for about a minute or so. The way he looked at you and the way you looked at him, it is just so cute”

I looked away from Ashley and at Dylan to find him already looking at me and smiling.

I didn’t even notice that I was doing that, but I just felt so happy.

I looked back at Ashley who was grinning at me.  

“He likes you, I know him and he likes you” Ashley explained to me.

“I like him back, I do” I promised her.

“Did you tell him?”

“I will before we go”

“Did he tell you?”

I nodded my head.

We watched as the boys went down the slide and walked to the changing rooms to get our clothes ready to go back to the lodge.

“Ashley and Neavah” Frankie moaned, standing there with both his arms crossed.

Dylan, Stefan and Taylor were standing behind Frankie just looking at us.

Ashley and I looked at them, then at each other, then back at Frankie.

“Yes?” Ashley questioned

“What do you think you are doing?” Taylor replied, with another question.

I shrugged my shoulders and Ashley leaned her left arm on my shoulder with her pinkie on her lips.

“You are getting dressed” Dylan answered for us.

Yes we were getting dressed. Ashley took her finger off her lips which was gently resting on her teeth.

“You look like the dream team” Ashley said.

We both started laughing at each other, until we looked back at them to find that they were not laughing at all.

Frankie just left the room in his swimming trunks, Dylan followed him, and then Taylor did. Stefan waited for us both to follow everyone; I was dreading this because it had suddenly turned so cold outside.

We were now walking thirty minutes down the road in our costumes to get back to our lodge.

The walk back was fun – consisted of Ashley being carried over Taylor’s shoulder because she refused to walk in the end, me receiving piggy backs from Stefan, Frankie and Dylan because I was too heavy, buying ice cream at each shop we pass and making the most of the time we had left.

I knew that these guys were always going to be a group that I couldn’t get enough of. They are my best friends and I knew that my life would not be as exciting, risky or crazy without them inside it.