Thirty-six

The song that I had on repeat throughout the moment I left Dylan and our friends until I boarded the plane was Lucy Hale – Road Between – this was the song that could best described me right now and what I was doing.

“Lucy Hale” a passenger said next to me as my phone lit up on the table in front of the both of us.

I smiled as I noticed I took one of my ear phones out, even though I could hear her properly with them both in.

“Yeah, she’s got the most relatable lyrics” I laughed, making her smile.

She nodded before turning to look out of the window. “Is this your first time here?” I questioned

She nodded as she turned back to face me, I could see the nerves running through her quickly.

“Don’t be nervous” she reminds me of me when I first came over here. “For volunteer work?” I questioned again.

“Yeah in schools” she answered, she definitely is like me.

I passed her one of my ear phones and started the song again.

She took it and smiled thanks to me before placing it in her ear.

“I promise you’ll love it” I assured her.

I’m still getting to the good part, the breaking down learning how to write my story, and I’m in the middle of the madness, the live and lose, finding who I’m gonna be, from the places I’ve been to, to wherever I go, from the start to the end I’m still learning the road between.

Another passenger sat next to me and I knew for sure this was exactly what happened last year.

“Oh I am really sorry I didn’t realise someone would sit next to me, do you mind if I take isle seat?” I asked him quietly.

He nodded and smiled at me before noticing the girl sitting next to me. “Sure you can”

We switched seats and I took my other ear phone with me as I watched the two introduce each other. I always knew cupid was my middle name.