An Eventful Morning

Hello there! This is just a little author's note before we continue! I hope you're enjoying this fanfic. What do you think of the new cover? I made it myself! I also have created a Free! Iwatobi Swim Club/Free: Eternal Summer Fanfic call Teach Me How to Swim! that features Rin! Anyways, let's continue on with the story!

                                        ~*~

  In the morning, I hear the doorbell ring. I’m not even half awake when I hear it and my mom comes rushing in the room.

  “Megumi! There’s this boy waiting for you outside! Who is he?” My mom exclaims while holding a spatula. She not the typical mom. In fact, I think she’s pretty weird. For some reason, she’s always amused when I have a guy friend coming over.

  “Ugh…” I can’t even get up right now. Why is she here again? “Five more minutes?”

  “You don’t have five minutes! This boy is ready to pick you up! Get up!” She pulls the covers off my body.

  I shiver. “It’s cold!” I curl up in a ball and hug my knees. Taking a glance at my alarm clock, I find it way too early.

  She hits me with a pillow.

  I shoot up. “Mom!”

  “Get ready. That boy is waiting for you.” She heads towards the door. “I’ll be letting him wait in the living room, so hurry up and get ready. I think that boy’s name was Hinata Shoyo.”

  “Hinata?” This really wakes me up. I jump out of bed and head to the bathroom. What is he doing here?! I quickly wash my face, brush my teeth, comb my hair, and throw on my uniform. By the time I head downstairs, I find Hinata not in the living room, but in the kitchen eating my mom’s omelet. “H-Hinata?!”

  “Ah! Good morning! I came here to pick you up!” Hinata smiles happily at me. “Your mom’s cooking is great!”

  My eye twitches. “What are you doing here so early in the morning?”

  He purses his lips. “Well, I was thinking of heading to practice early to beat Kageyama again, but since I’m passing by your house, I decided to pick you up.” He stares at his watch and sighs. “Kageyama should be at school by now.”

  “You really don’t have to be here…”

  “It’s fine! It’s fine!” My mom exclaims why pushing me to sit down next to him. “It’s been a while since I’ve met one of Megumi’s friends! And this is the first time a guy has ever picked her up. Don’t you feel like a princess?”

  Oh my gosh. Why is she doing this? I quickly grab something to eat and stuff it in my mouth. I can’t stand being here any longer! Once my plate is clear, I stand up and grab Hinata by the arm. “Alright, Mom! I’ll be going now. I’ll see you after my club activities! Good luck at work!” I didn’t even wait for her reply before escaping.

  “Your mom seems nice,” Hinata comments as we walk to school.

  “Ah…” I really don’t know what to say. She’s too weird to be a mom.

  “I wonder what your dad is like. Where was he?”

  “Uh…” He’s just the typical dad that’s very protective over his only daughter. “He goes to work early in the morning, so he’s usually not around for breakfast, but he’s present during dinner.”

  “Haha, not bad.” He places his hands behind his head. “Do you mind me walking you to school every day?”

  This early in the morning? Of course I would mind, but I can’t say that! “Ah, well, just give me a heads up from now on.”