Date

“No. No. No. Nope! Not this one. Er… Ugh!” I searched and searched for the right outfit to wear on today’s date. Yes, today we are going on a date, and no, I did not prepare the night before, so now I’m rushing to get everything done and ready before Kageyama comes and picks me-

 Ding dong!

 Crap! He’s here!

 I rush into my closet and pull out whatever matched and throw it on before rushing downstairs and nearly tripping on my own two feet. My mom let him in moments before and returns to the kitchen with a bright smile on her face. I try to avoid her gaze to hide my embarrassment. I turn to Kageyama and notice he had a plain black shirt and grey jeans while I was wearing a pastel pink tank top with white jeans. We’re basically wearing completely opposite colors.

 “Are you ready?” He asks.

 I nod my head. I say bye to my mom and follow Kageyama outside. We walk side-by-side without saying anything. This would be the first date I’ve ever been on, so I’m not sure how I should react or say! I glance at Kageyama to see that he, too, is nervous. I have to do something to break this tension!

 “Where are we going?” I ask.

 He stiffens and coughs. “I don’t know much about dates, so I was thinking of just a simple movie date and afterwards, we can hang out at a cafe or something.”

 I giggle. “So basically, we’ll just do the classic date? Dinner and movies?”

 He turns red. “That’s all I can think of.”

 I grin and pretend to look around with my hand over my eyes as if I’m looking far ahead. “I’m sure there’s some way we can go to a gym and play volleyball. It’s something we both enjoy and at least we don’t have to pay anything!” Suddenly, my stomach grumbles. “Well, we don’t have to pay anything until after we eat. Now, where’s that cafe you’re talking about?”

____

 The nearest cafe was a few blocks from where we were. We sit down in a small round table near the window, facing each other. A waiter comes by and takes our order. I order a latte and a chocolate chip cookie while Kageyama orders hot chocolate and a blueberry muffin. While we’re waiting for our order, we talk.

 “Are you excited for the tournament coming up?” I ask while gazing into his dark blue eyes.

 Kageyama stiffens and nods his head. “Yes! I’ve been waiting for this my whole life! I just hope Hinata will get his hits right then maybe we can make more than those lucky shots. Not only that, but he really needs to start opening his eyes so he could see the court!” He goes on and on about Hinata and how he acts. Sure, Hinata is not your normal volleyball player, but man, Kageyama sure knows how to talk!

 “What about you? Are you going to watch and cheer us on at the tournament?” He asks when he’s finally done. And also at that time, our order arrives

 I nod my head and take a sip of my latte. “Of course, but I’m not sure if I can make it to your first game. It’s my dad’s birthday and I don’t want to miss it.”

 His expression sinks.

 I grin. “But it’s only for one day, so after that, I’ll definitely will watch every game there is to offer!”

 This brings a sparkle to his eyes. Surely, every time we talk about volleyball, he seems to glisten. “I don’t think we got to finish our challenges and I think I’m winning right now,” I state.

 He gives me a look. “Are you sure because that last challenge, I seem to be winning, so I think I’m ahead.”

 “I don’t think so.”