True Feelings?

Monday morning, my ankle is better, but I still have to wrap it and when I walk, I limp a little. At least it's better than being carried, right? Well, my mom drops me off to school while Hinata rides with us, but he's quiet which is strange coming from a jumpy guy like him.

 School goes by quickly and normally with me poking Kageyama's back and annoying the crap out of him, but surprisingly, he's not as annoyed as usual. I guess it's okay, but I'm so used to him bursting in annoyance. I didn't think much about it, so I go on with my day.

 Towards lunch, Hinata, Kageyama, and I eat outside, sitting beside a tree for shade.

 "What did you bring today?" Hinata asks while staring at my lunch.

 "Just leftovers." I turn to Kageyama and notice he didn't have anything in his hands. "You're not eating?"

 His eyes shift towards Hinata for a moment and heaves a sigh."I'm just going to buy milk."

 I blink and watch him go. I stare at my lunch and at where Kageyama used to be. I shrug my shoulder and eat.

 While Kageyama is gone, Hinata stiffens and becomes jittery all of a sudden.

 "Is there something wrong, Hinata?"

 He turns to me with his cheeks flaring red. "M-Megumi-chan! I have something to say to you!"

 I tilt my head In confusion. What's with everyone acting strange today?

 His cheeks flush even more and he suddenly grabs my hands, throwing me off guard. He stares deeply and intently at my eyes, making me uncomfortable, but I don't say anything. I let him speak. "I-I-I-" He gulps and closes his eyes. Just as he opens them again, he says, "I like you!"

 I blush. I couldn't say anything. Did Kageyama knew this would happen and that's why last week he asked me if I had feelings for Hinata? And did he leave just so Hinata could confess? No I shouldn't think that way. My heart twists because I didn't want to hurt him, but what can I do if my heart is screaming for someone else. It's hard to look him in the eyes, but I do in the end. I squeeze his hand tightly in my grasp. I have to be true to my heart. "I'm sorry Hinata, but these someone else that I like."

 His face sinks, but he seems to understand. He forces a smile. "At least I tried, right?"

 Even with that smile, I know he's hurt. "I'm sorry," I mutter.

 "No. No. It's okay... I understand."

 I open my mouth to say more, but Kageyama returns empty handed. As he sits down, everyone is silent. I'm not sure if Kageyama notices the tension, but he seems perfectly fine.

To break the tension, I hold out my bento box. "You can have the rest. You have practice after school, don't you? You'll need the energy." I wait patiently for him to take it.

 He hesitates, but I persist.

 "Just take it Kageyama. It's not like I did anything to it."

 He takes it and eats it hungrily.

 Hinata pouts. "You haven't shared with me before!" He exclaims as if the previous events didn't happen earlier.

 "You always eat my mom's food every morning. Isn't that enough?"

 He huffs a sigh. "I guess..."

 I pat his head and laugh. "Don't worry,  I'll treat you with lunch next time." Why is my heart still aching?

 I hear choking sounds from across from me. Kageyama beats his chest and grabs Hinata's drink to take a swig at. He cleared his throat. "Sorry," he muttered before eating again.