2

"SO THE LAST PACKAGE, you received Lingerie, a notecard, and some roses," Detective Amber asked me, and I nodded assuring her

"And how long have you been receiving these packages?" She asked.

"About 3 years," I replied while she frowned, narrowing her eyes. "And you've just decided, now is the best time to report this to the police?" She asked and I nodded.

"Not the brightest choice." She mumbled under her breath but I heard her. "Okay, we'll look into it. You may find yourself out. The next package that arrives-," she handed me her business card with her number on it. "report them to me immediately." She demanded.

"Thank you," I said getting up and walking out. "Hey, how did it go?" Rachel asked me as soon she saw me. "Okay."

"Good, at least now you don't have to worry about it." She smiled sincerely. "Yeah, anyway, I should get going, I have to get a few things. Thanks for coming with me."

"No problem, you know I got your back."

I smiled at her before walking out of the police station and to my car. I grabbed my keys and opened my car. I opened the door and got inside, laying my head back. For the first time in a long time, I felt relieved. With the police behind my back, I was sure there was no more stalker shit.

I smiled to myself before starting my car and heading off. I didn't exactly go home first, I had to pick up a few things from the local grocery store but it took me about an hour to get home.

The garage door opened and soon I walked inside. My house was dark and empty as I placed the bags on the table. I turned on the lights and started offloading the items into the cabinets. Once I was done, I walked to my bedroom and placed my bag down before changing into took sweatpants and a tank top.

I braided my hair into two cornrows, putting on a bonnet then laying down on my bed. I sighed softly, my hands running over the emptiness beside me. Even though I was used to sleeping alone, it still felt pretty fucking terrible knowing Ace was probably on another girl's sheets.

Before I knew it, my eyes fluttered shut and I drifted off to sleep.