24

The sound of the wind brushing against the window kept me awake

The sound of the wind brushing against the window kept me awake. It was early morning and I was wide awake. The agonizing memory from last night was still in my head and I didn't think it would leave. Lying next to Dante's caused the feelings to increase. I wanted to tell him but how could I tell him that his brother tried to kiss me last night. Even though I slapped him before running upstairs, I was still disgusted. I didn't know if I was disgusted with myself or him. Maybe, it was my outfit. I shouldn't have been wearing a pair of shorts under a long t-shirt.

My mind was flooded with emotions that I couldn't control. I wanted to make myself feel better but I just couldn't. I've had situations like this happen to me before and the pain doesn't get any better. Dante's warmth surrounded me as I breathed in his scent. His arms were wrapped around me and my hand was around his neck.

I slowly lifted myself off the bed and walked toward the bathroom. I stripped from my clothes and turned on the bathtub. I don't think I've ever used the bathtub in the manor at all. And I think today, would be a good day to use it.

As the water kept running, I pulled my bonnet off my hair, letting my curls drop down my back. Once the water was ready, I slowly stepped in and then rested my head on the wall. A sigh escaped my lips feeling the warm water against my skin.

I couldn't tell Dante because then chaos would erupt but I didn't know if I was capable of lying to him. If he found out what happened and that I lied to him, even more, chaos would happen.

I was in my bath for about an hour, alone with my thoughts. Finally, with tired eyes, I decided to come out. I grabbed a towel and dried myself. I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and applied lotion to my body. I walked out of the bathroom only to see Dante was awake.

He held his phone to his ear while looking outside the massive windows. I felt my throat tightening at the sight of his back muscles flexing with every movement he took. As he spoke in Italian, my knees began to buckle while he placed his left hand in the pocket of his grey sweatpants. Even though I had just spent a morning full of questions inside my head, I certainly knew one thing-Dante was such an attractive gentleman.

He finished his phone call, turning around to face me. I squeezed my thighs at the sight of his tanned abs, playing with my fingers under his gaze "Buon Giorno," He told me, and still I kept my mouth shut. His eyes wandered up and down my naked body, the only thing shielding me was my towel.

When he realized I wasn't responding, he threw his head back. A sigh escaped his lips while he ran his hands through his black curls. "Buenos Dias." He replied as his eyes looked up and down my body.

"Buenos Dias," I responded before he walked over and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"You'll get wet," I said, but he chuckled deeply, pressing his body against my wet skin. He captured my lips for a kiss as his hands moved further down to squeeze my ass. "You were already going to get me wet,"

"No, I'm not taking off this towel for you," I assured as I walked into the closet, feeling his eyes burn into my bag. "Vanessa." He said, following me into the closet. I turned on the light, letting my fingers run alongside all the jackets and shirts that were hung in the modern cabinets.

When I landed at the shoe sections, I smiled at my expensive collection. Suddenly, I felt my towel fall to the floor before his hands traveled around my body. A moan left my lips while I leaned my head back and into his chest.

And just when he was about to enter his fingers inside of me, I pulled away from him and picked my towel up. He watched with dark eyes while I wrapped it around my body, and kept my eyes on the floor. "I have to tell you something," I stated nervously.

He leaned against the wall and crossed his arms while waiting for me to continue. I took a breath and closed my eyes. Do I really want to tell him? I have to. I have to tell him even if I had the idea that his brother kissed me.

"Please promise me you won't get mad."

"What are you talking about?" He asked while his eyebrows scrunched together. "Giovanni. He... kissed me yesterday." I whispered playing with my fingers. I looked up at him clenching his jaw. His eyes were black, he was pissed.

He began to chuckle to himself, dark chuckles that scared me. "You said you wouldn't get mad," I said going after him. He mumbled words in Italian before punching the combination for his safe. My eyes widened at his stash of weapons, I think I even saw a few AK-47s. He grabbed a pistol and a knife, before closing the door and walking out of the bedroom. For some reason, I couldn't move. Fear traveled through my veins, what have I done?

I quickly threw on an oversized t-shirt, one of Dante's. I followed behind him, noticing the way the staff lowered their heads when he walked by. Finally, we landed outside the manor, where Giovanni was smoking a cigar, watching two naked women play in the pool, sexually Dante was acting calm now, almost too calm. They spoke to each other in Italian before sharing chuckles. Suddenly, Dante used the end of the gun to hit his brother's face, my eyes widened. Giovanni groaned, holding his cheek in pain, spitting blood onto the floor.

"Che cazzo c'è che non va in te?" Giovanni grunted. Dante pointed the gun at the women, earning screams as they ran out of the pool and out of sight. (What the fuck is wrong with you)

"If you touch her again-," He grabbed a fistful of Giovanni's Versace robe, "I will kill you."

I felt my throat tighten, watching as he held a knife to his cheek, digging the sharp metal into his skin. Giovanni cried out in pain, as blood dripped down his face. Finally, Dante plunged the knife into his thigh earning even more screams. My hand flew over my mouth, my body unable to move. I knew that Dante was the head of the family, but I never understood the power dynamic between them.

Dante wiped his bloody hands with a towel the staff handed him. When he walked back into the manor, I hesitated before following after him while Giovanni laid on the floor, obviously in pain.

"You didn't need to do that!" I said when we entered his office. When Dante stopped walking, I frowned and took a step back. He ran his tongue along the insides of his mouth, slowly turning around to halfway face me. The look he threw my way gave me chills, when he was angry, he was scary.

"It's my fault, no?" He asked, walking towards me. "You're a sad excuse of an older brother-," My voice dialed down when his hand wrapped around my neck, catching me off guard. He pulled our faces together, his grey eyes connected with mine. Finally, in a chilling voice, he said, "Just because you're my girl, doesn't mean I won't discipline you,"

I wanted to hate him, but I couldn't. Not when I was suddenly yearning for his body, for his attention. Even though he was being a dickhead right now, I could stop the river that flowed through my legs. He had an effect on me, one that I couldn't control. No matter how hard I tried to stay serious, my nipples perked just at the sound of his voice.

My hand secured itself around his wrist, while he continued holding my throat. Finally, I whispered, "If you choke me like that again, I will give you a child,"