1

- chapter one -

- chapter one -

I SLOWLY OPENED MY EYES and groaned as the sunlight hit my face. I rubbed my eyes before grabbing my phone off the nightstand and turned off my alarm. I didn't fail to notice the bed was empty and Ace wasn't in it. As usual.

I grabbed my glasses and sat on the bed before standing up and making the bed. "Morning Mom," I mumbled as I looked at her picture by the side of my bed. I slightly smiled and walked to the bathroom. Once I was in the bathroom, I turned on the shower and waited until the water was at the right temperature. I took off my clothes and my glasses before stepping inside the shower.

I washed my body with my peach-colored sponge and soon washed my hair. Once I was done, I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my body. I dried my body before drying my hair. I applied some lotion to my body before stepping out.

I hummed as I walked to my closet and grabbed my outfit. I dressed myself up and then walked to the bathroom. I grabbed some gel and laid my edges before putting my curly hair into a ponytail. I heard the bedroom door open and my mood instantly became bitter.

Ace walked inside and put his keys and wallet on his bedside. I walked out of the bathroom and looked at him. "You didn't come home last night," I said making his back instantly tense. He turned around and looked at me. "I was at work. Don't start, okay?" He mumbled making me roll my eyes.

"C'mon, we both know that's not the truth, Ace. Why is it so hard to be honest with me? If you're cheating just tell me so I can move on!" I demanded, my temper rising.

"As I said, I was at work." He replied, as his eyes darkened and he laid down in the bed. "No Puedo creer que me enamoré de un idiota." I hissed, obviously irritated before grabbing my bag and walking out.

| I can't believe I fell in love with an idiot.|

I can speak fluent Spanish. My mother was Cuban and so she taught me everything. But unfortunately, she died a few years ago, and then I lost my relationship with my father.

Ace was the love of my life. I didn't know what I would do without him. He meant everything to me. I love Ace, I do. But he's just changed and I don't know what to do. I shouldn't be treated like this but I am. I just want the truth and he's not giving it to me.

I entered the kitchen and grabbed a granola bar, before walking to the garage. I walked to my car and opened it, using my keys. I opened the door and sat inside.

I placed my bag on the passenger seat and turned on the engine before starting to drive. About 20 minutes later, I finally made it to the tattoo shop I work at. The rain and the traffic added to the amount of time it took for me to get here. In Chicago, it rains a lot so I'm used to it. I took my last bite of the Granola bar before grabbing my umbrella and leaving the car.

I walked to the tattoo shop before opening the door and walking inside. I headed to my workstation and placed the umbrella on the floor. "You will not believe the morning I have had." Rachel, one of my good friends, complained.