19. Privilege

Just outside the room where Kiyo was being held, Tolaymus was standing by the door, staring stoically over the sea before them. On the other end of the door, Reno was standing. He ran a hand back through his soft hair and leaned against the wall. He felt Tolaymus watching him and stood up straight almost immediately.

"You've been uneasy," Tolaymus announced. "What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing you'd care about."

"If it distracts you from your job, it is my concern."

"Just some lady."

"Pussy has never distracted you before and you've had more in your life than anyone."

"It's nothing really. It's just..."

"How long ago has it been since you've last seen her?"

"Maybe a week."

Tolaymus turned to him slowly and appeared suspicious. "Are you sick?"

"I don't think so."

"That's unlikely. For a woman to be on your mind for more than an hour, you must be completely insane. Pick up one of the servant girls. It'll put your mind at ease."

"I don't feel like it. I haven't. Not since I last saw this girl."

Tolaymus turned to him slowly and noticed Reno smiling slightly. It was as though his mind was somewhere else. He had never seen Reno smile before. "And what does this woman look like?"

"Aw, she- she's perfect. She has this long, dark hair that goes all the way down to her beautiful ass..." Tolaymus considered what Reno was telling him as his voice started to sound excited. "She has these perfect tits and massive eyes. I just... aw, I can't stand it. She looks like a doll."

"What color are her eyes?"

The question pulled Reno out of his imaginings abruptly. "What?" he sounded surprised.

"The irises of her eyes. What color are they?" Reno was not looking at Tolaymus but he could feel him staring at him and could sense his resentment.

"Pink."

"Oh? A woman with dark hair, big tits and pink eyes? Is that so?"

"Why would I lie?"

"Let's say that her eyes were dark, like her hair. That sounds an awful lot like a gypsy we both know, doesn't it? Respond."

"I suppose it does."

"No. It sounds exactly like her or did you forget that I had seen her too?" Reno kept focused on the ocean before him. He knew that if he said anything to agitate Tolaymus, his punishment would likely leave him some fresh scars. "When I see your gyptian girl, I'm going to take that long hair that you love so much, wrap it under her chin and strangle her with it. So I suggest you put her out of your mind."

* * *

When the sun finally vanished beneath the sea, Reno started to head back to his room. He was seething over the threats Tolaymus had made against Rai. If he did not want Reno to have her, there was no way he would be able to keep her as a slave as he had intended. He spoke quietly to himself, "I don't want just any slave. What the fuck is wrong with me? I guess the princess will have to do for now."

Reno thought about what he intended to do to Rosalyn, thinking how badly he needed a warm, wet place to spend the night after going without for a few days. He could imagine looking down at her on the bed before him. The image almost made him laugh until it was cut off by one of Rai when he first got a good look at her in the cave near Korrik. He pressed his hand to his head as he shook the image from his mind.