Sixteen

*Two months later*
*Eunji POV*

I checked myself once more in the mirror before heading out to meet my parents at a restaurant for dinner. They said they have to tell me something important and to dress formally. I was curious to what was so important. I also haven't seen them in person for about two weeks now, I haven't really noticed that two weeks already past by quickly.

I wore a white formal jumpsuit with white heels. To top that off, I curled my hair and added light makeup to my face.
—————

I opened the door to one of those fancy restaurants you see in the middle of the city. It was already 8pm and the stars were visible in the dark night sky. I entered and was approached by one of the waitresses.

"Welcome to ____. Reservation name please," she bowed down and looked at me.

"For Mrs.Kim, please," I smiled to her as she nodded her head once and pulled her attention to her clipboard that was in her arms.

"Okay, right this way please," I followed her until we reached the back of the restaurant where there is a private room. I opened the curtain and stepped into the room where my parents along with another couple sitting in chairs in front of them.

"Oh! Eunji!" My mom exclaimed as she stood up from her seat and made her way towards me. She hugged me and soon my dad came to hug me too.

I awkwardly sat in the chair next to my mother as everyone's eyes were on me. I felt uncomfortable so I shifted in my seat and cleared my throat.

"So, how are you, honey?" my dad asked me breaking the silence.

"I'm fine. How about you guys?"

"We've been good too. Did you eat well? Anything new to share?" He asked taking a bite of his steak he ordered.

"Yes and no not really," I said taking a sip of my coke.

"That's good—wait what happened?" Asked my mom said joining the conversation.

"Did I tell you about a new friend I made? He's pretty chill and funny," I blabbered watching as my parents face got excited.

"So you got a new friend? And it's a he? So you won't be a lonely pig anymore, right?" My mom joked.

"That's just rude," I stuck my tongue out acting like a child—totally forgetting the other couple here chuckling at our bond.

"So, who's the unlucky man?" She asked.

"Jungkook. His names Jeon Jungkook," I smiled. Their expressions were different from what I expected. Their faces had gotten pale and my dad soon looked emotionless.

"Did I say something wrong?" I questioned.

"N-no..nothings wrong, honey," my mom stuttered out. I wasn't convinced.

"Yes there is," I pushed further.

"So! Let's get eating now shall we?" My dad yelled with a nervous laugh following his words. I raised my eyebrows but decided to push that small 'situation' away.

We all ate in silence, including the old couple across from us. After about 10 minutes into our meal, my dad cleared his throat which caused us to look at him.

"Uhm..how do I start?" He looked down. I felt nothing good would come out of his mouth.

"So..Eunji, as you can tell, this lovely couple that has joined us today, is part of one of the most successful businesses out there. Mr.Seo is the CEO of 'Seo financial'." He spoke. I nodded a bit confused with the reason of this meeting.

"And as you can tell, we, your parents are also the CEO of our company," he stated looking at my mother for help.

"Uh—and.." my mom was having a hard time getting each word out of her mouth. My body turned stiff waiting for something bad to get released from their mouths. "We have to move back to America—me and your dad. But the reason of us moving is because of our company. We will get more attention as we move to America for a while. And the Seo company is willing to help us gain attention,"she said.

I was frozen in my seat. I wasn't able to progress anything she had said.

"W-what?" I choked out.

"I'm sorry, but we really need this. Or else our company will get low and then shut down," she held my hands in hers but I pulled away.

"S-so you're saying your leaving me here? Alone?" I felt the tears make its way to my eyes as I looked at each and every person sitting in this room. It's hard for me to be all by myself for a while. I suffered so much as a teen and didn't have much friends growing up. Especially after that accident. My parents were always there to help me get through the tough times. They were the only ones by my side..and now they are leaving me just like that? I know I sound like a hopeless brat but it's just hard. I'm mature enough to handle living alone for a while but I'll miss them. I—

My thoughts were cut off by Mrs.Seo.

"Eunji—" Mrs.Seo tried calling me before I cut her off.

"When are you leaving?" I looked at the guilty eyes of my parents.

"In two days.." my dad said in a low voice.

"For how long will you be gone?"

"The least is..." my dad said.

"Is what?" I asked getting impatient.

"1 year..And the most is around 2 and a half years," he said. Looking at his sad face along with my mom and the other couple, I scoffed.

"Okay then. It's fine," I got up from my seat. "Thanks for dinner. Call me before you leave to the airport," I flatly spoke before I gripped onto the curtains and swung them open. I walked out of the restaurant and drove back home.
—————

I threw my bag on my bed before throwing my body onto it as well. I groaned thinking of what just happened and what's going to happen while their gone.

"What a perfect day," I muttered to myself sarcastically.
—————

Ayeee wrote more than I intended just because I was gone for a while. Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Oh and, don't forget to vote and comment on this book! I really enjoy reading your comments!

Look forward to a new chapter in 2–3 days! Wait for me please