Part 2

"Oh you're still up?" I heard from behind me making me turn around.
"Yeah couldn't really sleep so I figured I come and grab a snack. Want to join?"
"Sure" He said sitting in the seat next to me.
"So what's your story?"
"Things are just different with us. We were so in love it's like one day it just changed. Instead of talking we would argue. We talked less and argued more. Only time she was really nice was when she wanted something. She wanted this therapy so i went along with it. I'm just hoping it works." He said looking down I could tell by his voice he was hurt. "I just can't stop asking myself where did things go wrong. And what did I do"
"Same. I know things just don't change over night it happens over time. Matt was all the man I needed. I couldn't see myself with no one else but it was clear to me that he could see himself with others which is why he cheated. I tried to spice things up and everything. Some times he would be gone for days with no call or anything. He'd come home like nothing happened and he hadn't been gone. I approached him about a divorce but he wants to work it out. I've been saving money since the day I quit my job for him just in case."
"Wow. It was meant for us to be put together. Our lives are so much a like." He said.
"Yeah so here we are. To be completely honest I really want this divorce. I haven't been happy for a long time. We don't even share a room anymore. There's no telling what goes on in there."
"I definitely feel you. I want to see if this works but if it doesn't I already have the papers drawn up and ready. It's going to hurt to leave but staying will be worse." He said with a tear rolling down his cheek. He was hurt I could see it. I had to comfort him. I put my hand on his back. When it made contact I felt him relax just by my touch. Just that fast. I rubbed his back in circles and the more i rubbed the more stress I felt come off him.
"Thanks" He said getting up. I was standing in front of him and I finally realized how much of a height difference we had. He opened his arms and pulled me into a hug. I was shocked at first but after I couple seconds I relaxed and  sunk into his chest. For the first time in a long time I was being comforted and it felt good. I pulled away after what seemed like forever and saw a wet spot on his shirt. I didn't even know I was crying.
"Oh I'm sorry"
"No it's fine. You seemed like you needed a hug." He said.
"Yeah it's been a while. Anyway lets have this snack."
I went in the fridge and pulled out a cake I had baked the night before. I had lots of time so I baked in the meantime. We talked and eat damn near the whole cake. After hours of talking I felt so close to him. Almost as if I've known him for a long time. This was the moments I've missed.
Keith
I opened my eyes and felt a body on top of me. I looked down and saw Y/N sleeping. We must've fell asleep. She looked peaceful. Like she hadn't gotten a good nights sleep in a while. I slid off the couch making sure not the disturb her. I went to the bathroom and omw down to my room I heard the baby cry. Not wanting to wake Y/N I went in the room to see what was wrong.
"Hey little man. What's wrong?"
He put his arms up so I picked him up.
"Aww all you wanted was some attention huh? How about we get you dressed and we make mommy some breakfast?" He clapped his hands liking the idea. I searched around the room for all the things I needed to get him dressed and got to it. I always wanted a son but Jill said she wasn't ready. I don't know how  much longer it'll be but I really want to bring a little me into the world. When we were done we went into the kitchen. I put him in the seat and got to work. Here and there I'd make a funny face or ask him what he thought about the next item I picked up. Of course all he could do was laugh but that was enough for me.
"Aww did he wake you?" I heard.
"No. I was already up. Figured I get him ready. You looked like you needed the rest."
"Aww thanks." She said looking at the island at the food we made. "You did all this?"
"Yes. Just a nice gesture. Nothing too crazy."
"This is great. I'm usually the only one who cooks and eat you know. Wow. Everything looks so good. Thank you!" she made her plate in awe.
"No problem I enjoy cooking. So this is nothing" I grabbed a plate for me and the baby.
"Mmmm it's so good keith. Taste like ihop" she said eating a piece of pancake.
"They got their recipe from me."
"Sure they did." She continued to eat.
"Any plans for the day?"
"Well I usually just stay in and care for Ellis. Maybe run some errands." She said.
"Sounds boring. Let's do something you haven't done in a while"
"I haven't done much in a while" she replied.
"Well looks like we have a lot to do. Might as well make the best of this time while we are here. Finish and get dressed."