Men and Boys

::Maliyah's POV::

The smell of Hotdogs and Burgers cooking in a new gas grill. With four of the same type of cloths layed nicely pressed on the nice thick grass, with Ruby red Roses shaped like a heart, pertrayed to be a centerpiece. The air nice and cool, the wind at a soft drift. Laying, looking towards the sky to see a cloud that look perfectly like a heart. And the.......

-----DayDream Over-----

''You worthless son of a Bitch! The only thing the world can use you for is to have a title Called ''Ugly''; Trust me Your ass is at the top of that list'' My potential stepdad had said when he caught me drifting off into my happy place. My mom sitting in the far corner of the small bedroom. Even though This happened about every week -2 weeks if my mom could keep the guy- I still didn't like it. But since he was way older and tougher then me I let his cold bare hands strip the clothes off of me. All I remember is the bed shaking wildly and the sad look of my sorry-ass mother. After about 3 seconds, everything went black.

The next thing I know Im waking up at 3:54 in the morning next to a big, hairy, 45-year old man next to me in my bed that was obviously way to small for him.

I got up out of my side of the bed, hoping that I wouldn't wake up Steve -My Mother's Boyfriend-. I forgot I was naked, but didn't care that much and went to the bathroom to go freshin up. I took a bath instead of a shower, so I can sit in all my sorrows and mistakes.

After getting out I grabbed the towel, that Mama changes after every guy. Wrapping it around my chest and let it hang down.

I sighed and took another long breath, and began looking into the mirror. Not just a regular check up, but really see my face. I looked tired and disgusting. I brushed my teeth and washed my face.

Like usual, I take my daily birth Pills. Mama makes me take them so I wouldn't get pregnant by the men she makes me encounter. I quietly opened the door to go into my room and get some clothes. Considering I couldn't see -Cuz I didn't dare turn on a light- I believed I picked out mis-matched underwear, an undershirt and some sweats.

I shut my dresser drawer slightly. I got my purse, Steve's wallet, and my Black lakers hoodie. I saved up from the last 3 guys my mom's been with to get this hoodie.

That's one thing me and Ma' have in common. We both take her -really both of our- boyfriends money, we split it 50/50. Lord knows what my mother does with her money.

I spend my half on Cigarette's and gum and when I really want something I save up for a month. I finish puttin my Lakers hoodie on, and before I left out the door I went back and checked on my Mama. I think she was depressed, but I really don't give two Shits, all that stuff she makes me go through, uh uh no way in Hell would I let it get to me. But somewhere deep inside, I still love her.

As soon as I'm about to open the front door I think about How Me, Mama and Daddy were once a happy family. The moment couldn't last long because now it was all a blur, as many men I've seen I bearly remember who my Daddy is.

But I miss him so much. My mom kept explaining to me -Before she got all romancy and crap- that he was a very dangerous man. All I could remember were 2 gun shots, poor innocent me not having a clue of what was going on.

Worrying about it will only make me weaker though, so I move it to the back of my mind.

I finally get outside. I just sit on the porch and start smoking.

I started smoking because I realized my ma' didn't care about me enough to stop me. I've started ever since I was raped by one of my uncles, on my mom's side.

Then I see 4 cute ass Boys come down the street on the most biggest Bikes. The one in the front stared at me, for the whole ride across where I could see. When I saw them no more, I smudged my Cigarette in the ground, throwing it out onto the ragedy ol' yard.