I Refuse

|Maliyah POV|

I woke up looking at the clock. I realized the time and got up to get in the shower.

I usually got in and got out but this time, I wanted to think. That girl at the restaurant came on my mind.

What was she talking about and how did she know Jacob? He just shrugged it off like it was nothing but I'm curious now that I think about it.

I stepped out the shower and got dressed. I'll just talk to him after school.

I had a hard time finding a shirt to wear so I kept running around my room.

When I finally find one, Craig walked in. I let out a slight shriek because he scared me. His eyes got big and closed the door after apologizing.

So there goes hiding his nephew/niece from him. I laugh nervously and tried to get my mind off of it. He was gonna figure out sooner or later.

I put on my shirt and tie my hair into a bun and walk to his room. I knock gently and he yells come in and I entered.

The room became silent and awkward. I don't know how to approach the situation so he doesn't think I just sleep around or something.

He put his hand on my stomach lightly. "Is it a girl or boy?". "I didn't really want to know yet so it's still a mystery".

"I just want you to know that I'm not judging you or nothing. My best friends girlfriend went into labor a few weeks ago". I just nod my head.

I just want to spill it out but I'm not sure. If I told him, he would probably ask questions and ask questions about those answers. I took a deep breath before saying it.

"I-i was um. I was raped. Several times, by a lot of different men" I blurt out.

His body language changed. "But it's okay because I'm over it now". "Maliyah, that's not okay. Did they kidnap you?" He ask.

I was going to tell him that it all happened in the room he was sleeping in but I decided against it. It would probably freak him out.

"I know, that's why I tried to cover it up from yesterday. People first thought when they see how young I am is that I was just having sex with ol anybody. I get over it because I know the truth. The people I care about knows the truth. That's all that matters to me" I say.

"People judge too quickly".

"Yea" I nod. "Let's go downstairs for breakfast". We both get up and go downstairs. I see Mom and Dad on the couch, asleep cuddled up into each other.

We both just laugh but not too loud so they wouldn't wake up.

"What do you want to eat" I ask walking to the refrigerator. "I'm in the mood for cereal and fruit". I grab the Frosted Flakes and fruit tray and place them on the table.

I pointed to where the bowls, plates, spoons, and forks were and he got them out.

When we sat down to start eating, dad came in the kitchen. "Goodmorning".

"Goodmorning Daddy. Goodmorning Dad" we both say. He laughs a little to himself. "What's funny" I ask before putting a mouthful of Frosted flakes in my mouth.

"Nothing" He smirked and walked out the kitchen. Craig and I just looked at each other laughing too.

We ended up laughing for over five minutes, not even knowing what was so funny.

The doorbell rang and Mom answered it. It was Angel. I forgot about her so I dumped and rinsed my bowl quickly and went to grab my books.

Craig followed me. "Who was that?". "My tutor slash teacher. I'm homeschooled now instead of regular school because of my situation" I say grabbing my books. "Ohh. So what do I do until you're finished?".