Aleena

/Maliyah\

I woke up hearing mom calling my name. I groaned and let out a loud yes. "Aleena's here!" My eyes got big and I jumped out of my bed.

I walked downstairs and went to the door. As I got closer, recognizing her face expression, I got worried. She was crying and looked cold.

I hugged her and she cried in my shoulder. After a minute or so I helped her in.

I didn't ask any questions and helped her to the living room and laid her down. Mom brought an ice pack and some water and handed it to me.

"Drink some water" I say putting it up to her mouth. She didn't reject. As much as I wanted to break down seeing my best friend so crippled.

I heard mom making some soup. "Mom where is the first aid kit?" I ask. "In my bathroom but don't wake your father." I nod and go upstairs.

I haven't even really thought about Aleena and that she still goes through this stuff. After I got better and everything was back to normal I didn't think about her.

I open the door passing dad sleeping and into the bathroom. Paris was sleeping in there, I petted her and found the first aid kit.

I went back down and got out the bandages. Her arm looked lifeless, I could tell it was broke because one time I broke my arm riding my bike. I wrapped it around it and got out the bandaids and alcohol pads.

As soon as I put it on her, she winced. "It's almost done" I say so low it sounds like a whisper. After I put a few bandaids on her, I lifted her leg up and found a towel to put under her leg.

I get a blanket and put it over her because I know it was cold outside today. "Rest for a while. Ok? We will talk about it later."

I walk in the kitchen starting to tear up. "Mom, I-i" I started before she hugged me. "She is going to be fine." As she said that, Dad came down.

His eyes went from me to Aleena. "W-what happened?" "We don't know, she some how got here like that" mom says.

"Who is she?" "My friend" I say, sniffling. "I'm going to go take a shower" I say walking to the stairs not wanting to look at Aleena.

I feel bad and I could have made more of an effort to ask her if everything was okay.

~~~

I'm waiting until Angel comes by talking to Aleena. I'm still curious about what happened but I don't want to force her into speaking on it.

In mid conversation, Craig comes downstairs. "Aleena?" I quickly look at the both of them. "Y'all know each other?"

Ignoring me, he comes to Aleena's side. "What happened?" He ask getting teary eyed while kissing one of her hands.

"W-why are you here?" She furrowed her eyebrows looking hurt. "Maliyah is my sister and I came down so we could get to know each other better. But why did you leave? What happened?"

Were they in a relationship? How the hell do they know each other?

"H-he found me" she says quietly. "Who found you?" I asked while Craig's jaw clenched.

"Jonathan" the name was all too familiar. Now I'M angry. He was such a jerk!

Out of all of my moms exes, he was the worst! He drugged me just so I could sleep with him and when mom found me in the bed with him, he lied and said I chose to have sex with him.

Then when I would try to fight him off, he would give me a black eye or a busted lip.

And mom kept him around for the LONGEST. The thought about him made my blood boil. I can't believe he goes around doing this to little girls.

"I hate him so much" I say to myself even though they both could hear it. "What did he do to you?"

"My step dad said I needed to start working so he sent me to Jonathan but he lived in North Carolina, so he made me move to live with him. He would beat or rape me what felt like every night and he said if I didn't pretend that everything was good with my step dad, he'd kill me" She was already in tears just explaining the story.

Craig and I stayed silent though. "One day when he saw me with Craig, he freaked out and wouldn't let me leave the house. So I broke out and came back here by train. Then he found me again some how and I almost fucking died trying to get away from him. Then I came here because that's the only place I could think of."

I don't know what to say. Now he is even higher on my death wish. He needs to go to prison, for LIFE.

"Well you are safe here" Craig says. "Yea, we will take care of you" I join along.

The door bell rings and when I open it, it's Angel. I sigh to myself and let her in. "Hi Maliyah." "Hey."

She looked to me and then Aleena and I guess she could see the expression on my face.

"How about I just excuse this whole week for you. It doesn't seem like a good week for you."

"Ok" I simply said and she walked back out.

---------------------------

I think there will be 3 to 4 more chapters left. Vote and comment...