Chapter 7

We leave the restaurant in silence.

I have so many questions.

When did he start to see them? Am I going to be able to control the 2 worlds? Are they going to be scared of me too?

I'm relieved I'm not the only one who can see them but I also know I have to wait for the right time to ask, one bad move and I'll be going to the lunatic again.

- I'm going for my bike. - I finally say crossing the street.

He follows me and helps me carry it.

- That's another thing, I'll take you to the school everyday. - He says as we walk towards his car.

- Um no, I really like going on my bike. - I say pulling the long sleeves from my shirt.

It's cold, freaking cold. But we only have the month of June with sun, funny that that's my birthday month, it gets pretty hot in a good way, we have wind and we can actually go swimming, or at least I used to swim at the governor's house.

- Did you hear what I said? - He asks opening the door of the vehicle for me.

- No, sorry. –

I look at the seat and I sit down on it, feels weird, it's been 10 years since last time I was in one of these.

- I said that then I'll buy a bike and we can ride together to your school. –

He closes the door and puts the bike on top of the vehicle, tides it up and then walks to the other side of the vehicle, opens the door, turns on the car and then the heat. - It's cold, huh? - He says looking at my shaky hands and lips.

- Yes. - I laugh.

As we drive to his house, I see how big houses and buildings start to appear.

I'm amazed by this place, I've never been on this side of the earth before, he has been driving for less than 10 minutes and it already looks like a different world.

- We are almost there. - He says turning the car left, getting in a small street.

I nod in agreement and he stops the car in a mansion. It's not as big as the governor's house but it is big enough for 100 people to live in there perfectly.

- Let me help with that. - He says pointing at my black bag.

- I got it. Don't worry about it. - I say putting my bag-back on my back and putting my hair behind my ear.

- Okay. I'll take the bike inside.

As he finishes the sentence someone opens the door, a chubby lady with a big smile welcomes me in.

She has black hair and dark skin, she is wearing a uniform and I know she is the maid.

- This is Mary, she is my nanny. - He says and they both laugh, Im guessing it's an inside joke.

- Hi! - She says giving me an unexpected hug, a really strong hug.

- Hi. - I say not been able to breath, she lets go laughing, - nice to meet you. - I continue, catching my breath.

I get inside this huge house and I notice the heat is on. I get warm fast and I'm thankful for that.

- Come, I'll show you your room. - Mary says holding my hand. Suddenly, I feel like a little kid again.

We start going upstairs.

We get to the second floor and all I see is some closed doors. She opens the last one to my left and I see this huge bed, purple blanket. There's a big mirror and I see another door inside the room.