Chapter 24

Joy received a text from Jungkook later that night that says to meet him by the bench. Near the PRIVATE Restaurant. Their usual place.

She's undecided to meet him because of the things going inside her head. But she read his last words again, "Please come. I'll wait." and now she can feel his desperation.

She laughed, their situation is switched.

I should be resting right now. But she's walking this late to meet him. She's nervous, she can feel that something will happen yet she's unsure with what she's feeling. This is bad. She tapped her chest to calm her heart.

Her phone rung and it startled her. She closed her eyes and nearly cuss under her breath. She picked up her phone and answered.

"Sooyoung-ah." The voice on the other side says even before she speak. Her eyes widen and she wasn't able to utter a word for a moment. She sighed deeply as she can, still trying to calm herself.

"W-what?" She said and continued to walk.

"I have something to tell you." And with that she stopped to walk again. Is this what I'm afraid of to happen?

"I'm about to mee--", she said.

"Wait for me wherever you are! I'm coming." She can hear his unstable breathing.

"Are you running?!" She asked.

"Yeah and I don't know why but something is telling me to do so."

"You can tell me about it some other time." She said and walks again. She's near and she can already see Jungkook's silhouette.

"No, there will be no other time."

"What? Why? Are you leaving?" She asked.

"No I wont but you might leave me."

"What are you saying? Spill it or I'll end this call." She threatened as she's not getting what he's saying.

He stopped to run to catch his breath, "I like you." He says. "That's why-"

She laughed, "Are you crazy?! Stop kidding Kim Taehyung. I don't have time for this." No, you dont. Stop.

He run again, "That's why I want to meet you so you'll know that I'm serious."

She looked from afar and walk closely to see Jungkook more clearly. He was holding a flower and she's sure with that.

She brushed her hair up in frustration. This isn't happening. This isn't happening. This isn't happening. she's trying to convince herself. I want to go home.

"F*ck." She cussed when she saw Jungkook look her way.

Taehyung clearly heard that and asked, "I can see you now. I'm sorry but I don't want this to be too late."

Joy rubbed her hair in frustration while closing her eyes and slowly turned herself to look back.

And there she saw him by the bridge waving his hand. "I'm almost there, wait for me." And he ended the call.

I'm going crazy. This feeling building up inside me. This is not confusion. I'm mad but I'll try to cool down so I won't punch any of this two. Calm down. Calm down. Calm down. And she started to walk again to Jungkook.

There's no turning back. I promise, I'll be a psycho if he says...

When she reached him he smiled and offered her the flower.

"What's that for?" She coldly asks.

"Okay. I'll go straight with this." He blows out some air, "I-I like you and I want to get to know--"