Chapter 7

The memories last MAMA 2017 flashes back quickly in his mind as he saw Joy. He shakes his head a little to rub off what is in his mind and greeted Joy as he fully closed the door, "Hello." He said as he bowed to her. "I'm sorry for uhm—" he said but joy cuts what he wants to say, "No its okay." Joy said responding quickly shaking her head left to right then smiled, "You actually still have 8 minutes," she said looking at her watch on her left wrist, "I can wait a little longer." then looked back to him. "Uhm, no." He said quickly then looked around to look for a place where they can talk but he can't see a perfect spot so then he asked, "Is it okay for you to talk on the rooftop?" that Joy responds by nodding in approval. He walked on the hallway first for Joy to follow him when suddenly Joy remembered the things that she brought. She grabbed the two paper bags before following Jungkook and left the basket of brownies by the door of the dance studio.

     The rooftop is just two ladders with 10 steps each— away to the floor of their dance studio. As Jungkook opened the door he felt a cold breeze of wind and the realization sank into his mind that it's already winter and he forgot to take his coat with him. He turns around quickly to get his coat and nearly bumps to Joy who was currently looking down the floor that made him stepped three times backward. Joy looked at Jungkook but he immediately turns around and continues walking keeping his cool pretending it's not cold at all. He reaches the parapet of the rooftop seeing a clear view of buildings and roads. She stands next to him and looked at the view. He drinks the water and places it above the parapet, he then grabbed the towel on his shoulder and rubbed it on his hair back and forth. Joy glances to him but she can only see his side view. She looks away immediately when their eyes met.

     She clears her throat then spoke, "I'm here to thank you personally." She said then looked at Jungkook before bowing 90 degrees, "Thank you for what you've done. I very much appreciate it. I owe 'my life' to you." Then she stood up seeing a don't-know-what-to-do expression of Jungkook. She can see that he feels awkward then she suddenly felt ashamed. She clears her throat again to speak hoping that the awkwardness will go away, "My family, specially my mother is so fond of you now. My younger sisters are actually jealous of me." She spoke casually as she smiles to him. Jungkook felt ashamed and shyly touched his nape. "My dad is jealous too," she said as she look at the view, "He bluffed that if he was there during MAMA he would do much better than you but my mom and my sisters didn't listen to him, that's why." She said smiling.

     Jungkook smiled too as he looks at Joy while she was speaking then he looked on the view sighing deeply but didn't remove the smile on his face. The wind suddenly embraces Jungkook's body so he rubbed his hands together and blows out some air. Joy saw it on her peripheral vision so she looked for the coat on the paper bag she was carrying then she handed it to him, "Here." She said, "It's your coat." She then smiled to him. "Thank you for being such a gentleman." then he took the black peacoat out of the paper bag and wore it.

     "About what happened last MAMA." He finally started speaking after wearing the peacot, "I just did what others would do if they're on my position." He said. "I know."Joy said nodding then he gave her a curious look, "I've read articles before I go here and I've read exactly what you just said." then smiles, "but still, thank you so much." She said. Jungkook nods to her then smiles.

     "I'm sorry too." She said before looking back at the view, "It wouldn't happen if I'm just not so stubborn and self centred. I'm sorry that you had to run while carrying a looking-so-miserable-girl named Joy." While releasing a smirk before lowering her head then kicked the parapet twice slightly. "I wouldn't be a hero then." He joked while looking at Joy then she smiled back to him. "But seriously, you know what? I'll change. I'll cool down my stubbornness and start listening to people around me." She said. "Well you know, I've read the articles too and as I've read, you're really stubborn." He said straightforwardly, he's now becoming comfortable talking to her. "I know." She said while rolling her eyes. "But you're not self centred." He said as he lean his elbows above the parapet while looking at her. "I know." She said flipping her hair confidently as she places her elbows above the parapet too and puts her head above her hands outrageously. They both chuckled for a while because of what Joy did before looking back at the view.

     "I pretty much going to do the same if I was in your shoe." Jungkook said. "I think no. You maybe probably going to make a much better decision than mine." she said as she flip herself and places her back against the parapet. "But I already thought about it. There's no better decision if it's for the fans. We sometimes think about them first before ourselves." He said relating to her situation and she nodded as response understanding his point when she suddenly remembered, "Are you hungry?" she asked. "Now that you asked, I suddenly felt my tummy growling." He said then smiled. "Do you know that small restaurant near Han River? It's good to eat there alone they've got special place for celebrities, convenient to hide on paparazzi and not to mention that the food is really delicious there." He continues as he excitedly tells Joy about this restaurant, "Ah I'm hungry." He said while holding his tummy and his eyes closed. She suddenly chuckled looking at him and hearing his 'Busan Accent'. He opened his eyes seeing a chuckling Joy that made him shy and asked himself if he was getting too comfortable talking with her.

     "Well, you don't need to go to the 'small restaurant near the Han River convenient for celebrities when hiding to paparazzi with a not to mention delicious food' because I brought a homemade food especially for you. Tadah!" she said raising the paper bag containing the food. "Really?" he asked. "Yes," she said handing it to him, "I told you. My mom is very fond of you now for saving me. She actually cooked yukgaejang for you and 'not to mention'," imitating Jungkook's tone a while ago, "Everyone I thanked with her food today received a soondae and kimchi stew. She specifically said to me that the yukgaejang is for you ONLY." She said. "Wah, I'm really thankful. I suddenly felt so special." He said looking at the food inside the paper bag.

     "As my sisters told me when they visited me in the hospital, she nearly had a heart attack when she saw me black-out live on television. You don't know how much I would mourn in sorrow if one of the reasons why I'm breathing dies." Jungkook realized that Joy means about 'my life' is her family that's why he looked at her and listened carefully on what she was saying, "As she saw you carrying me in your arms before the show closes, her heart suddenly beat stable again. Although, my dad hates you for taking my mom's and my sisters' attention, he was thankful to you for saving two lives of his two precious treasures." He suddenly felt speechless, "Now you realize just how much I am thankful to you. I'll never get tired thanking you for that." Joy said smiling widely to Jungkook.

     He never realized how huge of impact in one's life he just did.

     His heart is full of butterflies tingling inside him as he heard her story.

     Now he knows, he's more than a hero for someone. More than a hero for her.