Cat Attire.

~Gabbie~

Lilly's house was beautiful to me. It was simple and adorable. The kind of house that has plush throw pillows with inspirational quotes stitched on them. The kind of house where you leave the back door open for a cool breeze while you bake molasses cookies with your family. It was nice.
I sat on the old blue couch playing with a bit of string hanging off my jacket.
"Would you like a cookie, dear?"
I smile warmly, "No, thank you Mrs. Peterson. I'm not very hungry." She shrugs taking the platter back to the old wooden table. Lilly's mother and father were completely stereotypical. They were warm and kind, and smelled like French vanilla. They've never missed a soccer game, dance recital, band performance, you name it. They always packed Lilly her school lunches, a peanut butter sandwich with carrot sticks and apple sauce, ever since we met over 10 years ago.
When we met, Lilly and I clicked instantly over being the only child in our family. We kind of decided from that point on that we'd be sisters. We molded to each other. It was nice.
"Hello, hello." A chirpy voice from across the room and she was standing in front of me. And goddamn it...
"Lilly-"
"Welp!" She cut in, "its time for us to go! I'll see you later mom." She jumps up and gives her mother a big squeeze before grabbing my wrist and literally dragging me out the door. "I'll tell you all about the movie tomorrow! Love you!" She slams the  door and sighs.
"Lilly..."
"Yes?"
"What the fuck are you wearing." I didn't say it like a question.
Lilly wore her hair in a scrunchied messy bun, cat earrings dangled down her neck and she wore a cat purse on her shoulder. Everything in between was attire meant for a morning run.
"I er-" she stutters and I look down at my dark ripped jeans and v necked shirt.
"You're damn lucky I brought extra clothes." I throw my packed bag in her lap and start the car, immediately speeding out of her driveway.

We arrive to Simon's at 9:30 after stopping for something to eat at Two Spoons. The house was packed and seemed to be literally jumping with music. I walk in confidently, flowed by Lilly shuffling close behind. My plain black dress was baggy on her in all of the wrong places and quite literally hung off her thin frame. Better than the sweatpants. She threw a fit when I tried to take away her earrings though.

At the door we're greeted by the stench of alcohol, weed, and sweat.
"This is not my scene."
"Lilly come on, we're already here." I grab her arm and haul her in the house, groaning.