Part Eight: Pour a Little Salt

Inspired by the song "Skinny Love" by Birdy

Come on skinny love just last the year,

Pour a little salt we were never here,

"I love you, Dean," you mutter, pulling yourself close to him. You wriggle your body into his arms, snuggling against his chest as he sobs. "It's okay, Dean... It's okay," you whisper tearfully as he holds onto you tightly, like you might dissappear if he lets go.

My my my, my my my, my-my my-my...

Staring at the sink of blood and crushed veneer.

"Dean..." you sob, "Dean, I still don't completely understand why you did... It doesn't matter right now, okay?"

Tell my love to wreck it all,

Cut out all the ropes and let me fall,

"I'm sorry, Y/N. I am so so sorry."

My my my, my my my, my-my my-my...

Right in the moment this order's tall.

"Not right now, Dean. Just get up, c'mon. Please," you plead. You couldn't stand watching him fall apart like this.

And I told you to be patient,

And I told you to be fine,

And I told you to be balanced,

And I told you to be kind,

You lead Dean into the motel room, and the two of you plopped down on the couch. He sniffled a few times before wrapping his arms around you. You fould feel him place gentle kisses into your hair and on your forehead as he whipered "I'm sorry"s and "I love you"s. You hugged him tighter and kissed his jaw and cheek.

And in the morning I'll be with you,

But it will be a different kind,

'Cause I'll be holding all the tickets,

And you'll be owning all the fines.

The two of you sat there for hours, not once really talking. You just sat there, holding each other and whispering sweet nothings into one another's ears.

Come on skinny love, what happened here?

Suckle on the hope in light brassieres,

"I do need to explain," Dean finally said.

My my my, my my my, my-my my-my...

Sullen load is full, so slow on the split.

"I thought that if I stayed away and ignored you, you'd leave before you got hurt by me. I'm a monster, Y/N. I'll only ever get you hurt, but I haven't figured out how to live without you... I am so sorry this ever happened, baby."

And I told you to be patient,

And I told you to be fine,

"Dean," you whimper, tears forming in your eyes once again. "You. Are. Not. A. Monster," you say firmly. "You are a wonderful loving man... I know. I know because before you started on your stupid plan, you treated me better than I ever deserved."

And I told you to be balanced,

And I told you to be kind,

"You deserve so much more, Y/N."

And now all your love is wasted,

Then who the hell was I?

"And so do you, Dean. This... this mess... this is fixable. I'm probably gonna be a little mad for a while, and I might be a little harsh... but I love you. I know that if you want to, we can be together. I just need you to want it too."

'Cause now I'm breaking at the britches,

And at the end of all your lines.

"Of course I want you, Y/N..."

Who will love you?

Who will fight?

And who will fall far behind?

"Can we just lie here for a while?" Dean asks after a few moments. You nod, smiling up at him, before falling asleep on his chest, his strong arms wrapped around you.

Come on skinny love,

My my my, my my my, my-my my-my...