1.6(paRtY tYme)

C A L U M

  Lydia looks cute when she sleeps. I mean that in the least stalker kind of way. Her lips have a little pout and a small breathe would come out every now and then. We'd have to leave soon, taking a nap wasn't what I had in mind when we made plans but to wake up to her wrapped beside me was everything.

I wiggled her arm a bit and watched her stir. When her eyes blinked open she instantly sat up, obviously unfamiliar with where she was. "We fell asleep." I mumbled. I undid a button from my shirt, too hot for it to be up so high.

"Im sorry." She twisted around her back. "Cal, what time is it?"

"5:30. We should really start heading over to Ashtons now. Lukes already there and he's usually the late one." I explained with a dry chuckle. She laughed as well.

I stood up and went over to the bathroom to make sure I'd look alright. No one really knew I went to rehab, everyone just thought I was at home making up all the missed sleep I had. My hair was more messed up the usual so I used some water to get it under control before slipping back out to the girl in my living room.

  Lydia was sliding back into her shoes as I reappeared. "I've never seen yellow converse before." I stated.

"I got these at goodwill, they were new and cute. They must've been DIY'd or something." She shrugged.

"That's cute. You thrift?"

  "What clothes?"

   "Yes."

   "Not by choice. But it's fun when I find something cool like these bad boys." Lydia gestures to her shoes with a small giggle.

I blush. "You have a nice laugh." I am horrible at flirting.

"Thank you."

"I like that, how you accepted the compliment rather then denying it."

She rose her brow. "Yeah? I just deny the stuff I'm insecure about."

  What on Earth could this girl be insecure about? I keep that thought in my head as we go back to the car and drive over to Ashtons. I'm really trusting her here. We have to be safe with who we give our address and numbers to and Lydia is the quickest person to gain that kind of access to our lives.

"Hopefully you like them. Worst case senerio you get stuck with Luke. He's super shy around new people so just do small talk." I smile at her from the side. We ride the elevator up to Ashtons penthouse that he shares with Luke and I walk right in. They never locks the door which is dangerous but do they care? No.

Lydia reaches out for my hand and squeezes it with nerves. I look down at her and give her a reassuring look. "Ash, Luke!" I yell, and drag the girl with me around in look for them.

Finally we find them on the patio putting up some decorations. "Guys this is Lydia."

Luke looks up and smiles at her. He tucks his overgrown hair behind his ears and waves at her. "Nice to meet ya." He then went back to hanging up the lights along the rails.

Ashton went in. He gave Lydia a full blown bear hug, rocking her side to side with a wide smile. Such a Dad. "Your suffocating her." I laugh. When he pulls away Lydia is just giving off an awkward smile.

"It's nice to meet you." Ashton beamed.

"Yeah, you too." Lydia responded politely.

We stand there for a moment and we all just look over each other. This includes Luke who tries to look busy in the corner with the fairy lights. Ashton is impressed with Lydia, I can tell. He thought she was going to be some crazy, psycho girl with crazy hair just because I met her in rehab.

But she was Lydia. A tan, tan girl with brown eyes and long hair who wore yellow converse.