2.9(promise forever)

L Y D I A

It's been five months of being with Calum. We had moved in together and began to create little memories. Ever since our first time together we realized that we needed each other around all the time. He was just a light in the dark.

To celebrate five months Calum was taking us to a music festival in downtown LA. Some of his friends bands were performing and we were able to get backstage passes. This place was swarmed with paparazzi but it didn't matter.

We had been public for months and his fans were actually happy for us and it was kind. Of course they were protective of him, their band gets these people through a lot and for them to trust me meant a lot.

As for his alcoholism, about a month ago there was a run in at the bar. I wasn't there because he wanted a night out with the boys which was understandable. Since then he's been going to regular AA meetings and was open with his addiction to his family, fans, and friends. I'm proud of how far he's gotten from when we first met.

The night was fading as the sun began to set and everyone was gathered around for Rex Orange County to preform. I was a big fan, and have been for a while. Even on my saddest days his music would just make me happy. Me and Calum stood in the middle of the crowd along with Ashton who simply just came for the pleasure of music.

Loving is Easy came on and me and Calum screamed the lyrics to the stage, dancing goofy and overall having a good time. When the song come to an end Calum is staring at me. He leans in and kisses me. Pulling something out from behind his back he holds it in front of my face. A ring! He better not be proposing to me.

"I'm not proposing to you." He read my thoughts. "But I want to promise that I will someday, and that will be loyal to that." He has to yell over the crowd but it's still meaning full and I live all of it.

"Like a promise ring?" I ask.

He nods and slides the simple jewel onto my finger. "Our promise for forever."

I repeat the word with a smile. "Forever."