47| Breaking News

Alyssa

As the wedding starts to come together I notice we are missing a very very important piece. The wedding dress. I've always thought about the dress that I would walk down the isle in, but now that I have to find one I wasn't so sure about what I wanted. There's so many options I don't even know where to start.

So my mom and my sister and Duncan's mom and his sister join me and Abby and Dayna in my search for a beautiful wedding dress. So we hit the streets of Chicago and look for something that we can have altered in three months or less but still looks great.

After messing around for a while we finally crack down. Rarely do I have all my favorite girls on one place so I really wanted to enjoy our time together, but we were there for a reason after all. Eventually I find a dress I loved but I wasn't quite sure it was the one.

"I like it" I admit. "I really do. But I don't know if I can get this one" I explain as I look at myself in the mirror. My friends and family sitting behind me on the couches looking the dress over.

"What's wrong with it" my sister wonders.

"Do you think this could fit if I'm four months pregnant" I ask.

"Probably not" she admits.

"Oh. Then I can't get it" I say.

Everyone stops looking at the dress and looks at me. I smile at them through the mirror as they sift in their seats behind me.

"Lyssa... are you pregnant" my mom questions.

"One month" I smile.

"No" my mom gasps.

"Yup" I nod my head.

At that moment everyone stands up and comes over to me. They wrap me in a huge hug as they congratulate me. I smile big as I try my best to hug everyone who was around me.

"Oh I am so so happy for you" Dayna insists.

"Thanks" I smile.

"What did Duncan say" his sister asks me.

"I haven't told him yet. I wanted to make sure this was for real and really happening before I told him" I insist.

"Oh sweetie you have to tell him" his mom insists. "He's going to be so excited."

"I know. But now that it's finally setting in for me and so is the fear and the questions. I'm scared to tell him" I admit.

"All he wants from this life is a family with you. I promise honey, he's going to be elated" she insists.

"Thanks" I smile and she nods.

We go back to looking at dresses and pick a few out. After going through a bunch of different styles I finally found one I love. It was a beautiful white dress that would look good with the flowers we had picked out. They put the vail on me and I knew it was the one. I could feel it.

I step out to my council of women and step up on the stage

I step out to my council of women and step up on the stage. I smile big as I could see the whole thing in the mirror. I hear someone gasp behind me as I look myself over.

"Wow" Rebecca gasps. "That is one incredible dress for one amazing women" she insists.

"Oh Lyssie" my mom sniffles. "I'm speechless" she insists.

"Please stop crying" I beg as I wipe a tear away.

"I'm sorry. But you look so beautiful."

"I think this is the one" I admit.

"I think so too" Abby agrees.

We find a beautiful vail to go with the dress before sending it off to alterations. It ties in the back so if I have a big baby belly then we can just loosen it. After getting that paid for and sent away it was time for me to do something I've been scared of for a while.

I go back home where Tristan and Duncan was playing on the floor with the dog. I smile as I watch them rough house. Mogali was a gentle giant and Duncan always messed with her. She loved it. And of course Tristan was just having the time of his life.

"Mommy" Tristan calls as he jumps up off the floor. He runs over to me and I carefully catch him.

"Oh look at you, you're getting so big" I coo.

"I'm going to be big and strong like daddy" he claims.

"I know you are" I say as I tap my his nose.

I take him to the couch and sit down. Duncan sits next to me before placing a kiss on my cheek. I turn to him as he looks at me with those lovey dovey eyes.

"How was dress shopping" he asks.

"I'm not telling you anything" I smirk.

"Not even a sneak peak" he asks.

"Nope" I reply and he laughs.

"That's okay. As long as you're happy I'm happy" he insists.

"I'm happy" I assure him. "But there is something I want to tell you" I insist.

"What is it" he wonders.

"You know how I said I was going to go to a doctors appointment for a check up the other day" I ask.

"Yeah..." he trails off.

"Well I didn't. I went to the doctors for something else and I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want you to freak out on me" I explain.

"I want to freak out" he claims.

"Please don't" I beg.

"Tell me there's nothing wrong with you" he demands.

"There's nothing wrong with me" I insist and he lets out a long sigh.

"Thank god" he says. "So why did you go" he wonders.

"Because I'm pregnant" I say and he freezes. He scoots back a little before looking down at my stomach. He looks back into my eyes and I smile. He smiles back as he starts to radiate excitement.

"Alyssa... please don't play with me like this" he begs.

"I'm not lying. We're pregnant" I tell him.

"We're pregnant" he asks.

"Yes Duncan" I laugh.

"WE'RE PREGNANT" he yells and I giggle. "Oh my god we're pregnant! This is amazing. This is incredible. This is the best news in the world" he rants.

"Are you excited" I tease.

"I'm more than that. I feel like I'm on top of the world. I feel like I can do anything" he insists. "Wait!! I didn't even ask, how are you? How do you feel" he questions.

"I'm fine. I feel great. The baby and I are okay and doing good. It's due in July of next year so well after the wedding" I explain.

"Wow" he gasps. "Just wow. I'm so happy" he insists.

"That makes two of us" I smile.

"I can't believe we are so close to being this amazing family. With you and Tristan and our baby... nothing could ever bring me down" he claims.

"I love you so much" I remind him.

"I love you too."