65| I'm So Happy You're Mine

Duncan

After everything calms down I realize that there wasn't a lot of time left in the regular season to do much of anything. And we weren't taking this league by storm like we did a season ago, but we were still a really good team. We were in the middle of the playoff race and beside a few injuries, we were well on our way to being on our way to another title.

And as the playoffs approach that also meant the baby would be here soon. So it was time to put the final touches on the baby room and make sure that we are ready for her when she gets here.

Alyssa and I went a little over board with the babies room. The crib was basically like a giant shrine, it was all gold and a bit extravagant, but I want only the best for our kid, and this was. The walls stayed the light grey but we painted with a bunch of light pink designs so it's not too childish for when she grows up, but still nice to look at when we end ups spending most of our days in there. The window was big and had these beautiful over dramatic gold and pink drapes over them. It could be either dark as night or bright as day with the opening of the curtains. By the window was a love seat and a foot stool. In the foot stool was anything that Alyssa might need while feeding the baby. And she picked the sofa out personally, it matched the room and looked really nice sitting there. On the back of it was a blanket my grandma made. She wasn't happy with me because we didn't have a name for her to put on there but the blanket was still beautiful. The light on the ceiling was made to look like the chandelier and gave a good mood to the room. In the corner was a bunch of toys from friends and family. She would be set for toys and passafires and all the good stuff for her whole life. By the toys was a dresser with a changing table on top. Her closet was filled with onesies and tutus and little shoes both for games and special events. Physically, it was all there.

"What are you thinking about" Alyssa asks as she wraps her arms around my neck. She joins me as I stand in the middle of the room.

"I was just making sure we had everything we needed. Life is just passing us by and it's not going to wait for us to catch up" I insist.

"Don't I know it" she laughs. "It seems like just yesterday we were getting married. Like I was in that white dress and we were dancing all alone to the greatest song in the world" she sighs.

"You're the greatest song I've ever heard" I insist and she smiles.

"You're my favorite one too" she insists.

I take her phone from her pocket and pull up her music. I find the only song she ever bought from iTunes and start to play it. I set the phone in the babies crib then reach out my hand out to her. She places her small hand in mine and I wrap my fingers around it. I pull her into my chest so the only thing between us was our little girl. I hold her tight as the song plays and it almost felt like we were back in January where the babies room was just started and we were just a little bit younger.

"Nobody ever loved me
Quite like you do.

Got a real girl and she loves me a lot
And ain't no other man that's gonna take-a my spot
And I
I'm so happy your mine
Cause I'ma love you long time.

Let me love you a long time
Let me love
Let me love you a long time
Let me love
Let me love you a long time
Let me love
Let me love you a long time
Oh!
Let me, let me love you!
Let me, let me love you."

This had forever been our song. Back when we were young she helped Jasmine Sullivan write this song she had promised me that it was ours. And I always loved this song, I've always felt like this song was a big part of who I was. I still remember the day when she finished writing this song and she came home so excited to show me. And from that moment on this song has been the soundtrack of my life.

"Never knew someone like you.
Oh no, Oh no
And I never felt the way I do
Before, Before, Before

I don't wanna lose ya
Won't ever misuse ya
If you ever left baby
I swear I would lose it
Maybe I should cool it
I know I'm acting foolish
Nobody ever loved me quite like you

Got a real girl and she loves me a lot
And ain't no other man that's gonna take-a my spot
And I
I'm so happy your mine
Cause I'ma love you long time.

Let me love you a long time
Let me love
Let me love you a long time
Let me love
Let me love you a long time."

"You want to know a secret" I ask her.

"Sure" she claims.

"I have a tattoo" I say and she gasps.

"I've never seen a tattoo" she insists.

"It's because I just got it" I claim.

"Well what is it" she asks.

I roll up my sleeve and I show her my wrist. On there it said "love you long time" in cursive. She lets out a gasp before turning to me.

"Why did you get that" she asks.

"This way, when you're not with me, you'll always be with me" I explain.

"Duncan, that's so sweet. I love it" she smiles.

"And I love you... a very very long time."

"This is the sweetest thing I know
For sure, For sure
And you
You give me reason to
Hold on

I don't wanna lose ya
Won't ever misuse ya
If you ever left baby
I swear I would lose it
Maybe I should cool it
I know I'm acting foolish
Nobody ever loved me quite like you

Got a real girl and she loves me a lot
And ain't no other man that's gonna take-a my spot
And I
I'm so happy your mine
Cause I'ma love you long time.

I'ma love you a long time
Whoa
I'ma love you a long time
I'ma love you a long, long, long, time
Whoa
Let me
Let me love you!
Let me
Let me love you!
OH
Let me
Let me love you!

Got a real girl and she loves me a lot
And ain't no other man that's gonna take-a my spot
And I
I'm so happy your mine
Cause I'ma love you long time."