"Wow. That's it?"

Dick Grayson, Robin, was sitting on the couch playing chess with Bruce Wane, Batman, when Bruce got a call. It wasn't for him though, it was for Batman and Robin. When Bruce hung up, Dick asked him what it was. He was concerned with the look on Bruce's face.

"That was Caroline at Arkham Asylum." Dick waited. "And they want you for a patient."

Dick was surprised. "Oh. Alright. Then what's the big deal?"

"They want you to help with Poison Ivy." Bruce said straight faced.

Dick Grayson's eyes widened in surprise.

As Robin arrived at the asylum with Batman, he asked Caroline and Dr.Quinn what he'll be doing. They soon informed him that he will have to get to know her.

"What?"

"With all due respect, we save people. Not make friends with villains." Batman said after Robin's shock.

"Listen, we can't get any answers out of her unless we target her weak spot. We can't just drug her, she's smart. She's never going to open up and tell us anything. We have to try something new." Dr.Quinn said sternly.

"She'll be contained, don't worry." Caroline assured Batman. For he looked very concerned for Robin, being the fatherly figure and all. Caroline sighed, "she's just a teenager, Batman. She can't hurt him."

Batman turned to his sidekick. "What do you think about all this?"

"Well... we want to stop crime. And she's hiding the jewel. So if we get to find the jewel just because I talk to her, I'd say this plan is as easy as pie." It couldn't be that bad, after all she is a person. Robin thought.

"As long as it's okay with you and you're safe."

"I'll do it."

Dr.Quinn led Robin to Poison Ivy's cell. Her red hair shined bright in the little sunlight that peered in through the bars. Her hair was in messy braids. Her jail cell clothes were orange and she had tied the top like a crop top. Her pants were rolled up like old jean shorts.

"I see you've made a statement with your clothing." Dr.Quinn observed. Ivy didn't say anything to her, she just looked passed and saw Robin.

"Wow. That's it? That's what you bring to 'fix' me?" Her teenage girl was coming in.

"Look, he's just come to talk to you. I'll leave you two alone." Quinn pivoted and left.

Robin sighed. "Okay, I have to talk to you. I'm just gonna say that to be honest."

Ivy let out a short laugh.

"Now, time to get down to business."

"Oh yay!" She replied sarcastically.

"H-how did you know I was sixteen?" He whispered. Ivy came close to the bars, inches away from his face.

"Grayson, are you stuttering? I told you, I. Know. Things." She whispered. He gulped when she gave him that nickname.

"You can only call me that when we are alone." He told her.

She laughed and said, "are you hoping that'll be often?" Robin was getting a bit sweaty from her boldness. First, she told everyone his real age. Then, she told him she knew his real identity. Next, she was acting all confident. And now, she was flirting with him! Maybe that was just her. Robin tried not to mind, but his confidence was slowly drifting away.

"So... what's your secret?"

"Whatever do you mean?" She asked, trying to play dumb.

"I mean, what's your real age? I know you aren't twenty two." Now his confidence was coming back.

"I'm seventeen." She gave in this little detail, but it didn't matter. She wasn't telling him anything about the jewel.

"Huh."

She rolled her eyes.

"We aren't that far apart in age. It's crazy that young people like us aren't as normal as any other regular teenagers." He was trying to make small talk, to get her to open up to him. Maybe they had something in common.

"Yes, because you are dressed up in a suit and mask saving the city, and I'm a crazy girl that stole a jewel and can kill people with one kiss."

"One kiss? That's all it takes?" He wondered.

"One kiss." She replied.

"Have y-you ever... kissed anyone for real? Like, not just to kill them?" He hesitated with this question. She could see that this was a genuine question. He was a good person, and he wasn't trying to trick her. He was simply curious and doing this because he had to.

"Well, I only kill people when I have to. The truth is, I don't like to. I'm not one of those villains that kills people for fun, it's just not me. But, even before I turned into... this. I never had wanted to kiss someone. For real." It was the truth, something she didn't always like telling.

"Maybe you just haven't found the right person." They stared at each other. Something was different. It was different from talking to anyone else. They both felt that this was real, it wasn't fake or trying to put on a show. They were just two people talking. Poison ivy liked that.

Soon, visiting hours were over, and they said there goodbyes. Poison Ivy knew he'd probably be back. But she just didn't like seeing him go. It was the first time someone had treated her like a person, rather than a freak who can't control her powers. Plus, he was around her age and understood. Dick Grayson was set apart from all the other immature teenage boys. Sure, they weren't best friends, but they could both warm up to each other. They enjoyed one another's company.