chaper 40 - the bad

"As you've already guessed Slenderman and I do not see on the same level. So if you run into his damn children or 'proxies' as he likes to call them. Stay away from them. DO NOT ENGAGE. I don't care if the fight in the arena or not they work for him"
"Yes sir" you respond softly
"Now leave me" he sits in his chair "I await for your results"

You get the idea and leave silently. The door closes behind you and you make your way to your break room. The map is very old looking, wonder if he could get a new one. The walk to your room was longer than normal. You look down to the map and saw again the forest themed map. There are pine trees everywhere and very few clearings. But it looks like a few spots Zalgo added notes on. He circled one area and wrote DO NOT GO HERE. Even more he wrote it in red marker. You get the idea and stick to the normal plan.

You collect the needed items from home. Over all you took your backpack and emptied all of which it contained for school and replaced it with needed tools for hunting. A kitchen knife, a bat, and an extra set of clothing if something goes wrong. You shuffled on a hoody and wrapped a scarf around your neck. It was close to night fall and you knew it would get cold. Breathing in and out was all you could do to mentally prepare for this. You were getting ready to kill someone.

You take the bus and surprisingly nobody pulls you aside to ask why you have a baseball bat sticking out of your back pack. You were all ready and prepared to tell whoever asked "its for baseball" but nobody asked. You shrug it off and get off the bus and make your way to the edge of the forest. The forest looks like any other so its nothing scary for you. The trees are all mostly old and their trunks are wide. Not a single young sapling in sight.

"No matter" you said to yourself "I have a job to do"

The walk in the forest is a quiet one. Nobody is around, until you hear slight arguing in the distance.

"We're lost"
"No we aren't"
"Yes we are look"
"No were right here"
"Both of you stop"
"He started it!"
"I just said a fact!"
"Oh shut up"
"We. Are. Lost."
"Both of you shut up!"

Those voices. Wait oh crap what are they doing here?

You silently rush over. Successfully you don't make any noise and take place by a wide trunk of a tree. You peer around and see that the voices belong to Hoodie, Masky, and Ticci Toby. Some of the creepypastas you met at work. Wait those aren't the people you thought you heard. You thought you heard your friends. The three of them are clearly arguing about where to go because their obviously lost. They are all circle around a map in Toby's possession.

"I hope we aren't late for school tomorrow" Ticci Toby changes the subject
"You want to go to school?" Masky asks
"Yeah, so?"
"We all know why you go Toby stop trying to hide it" Hoody chuckled
"Oh right, it y/n isn't it?" Masky guesses
"Oh my god guys shut up" Ticci Toby growls "lets just call Jane she can send slender to come get us"
"After all this time you've lived in the mansion you still don't know the way?" Hoody says
"Yeah" Toby says giving up on arguing

"Oh my god it is them!" you thought you friends are creepypastas! So that means Jane is too!

They all eventually walk away and their voices become silent to your ears. You sit on the dirt and rub your face out of a mix of shock and frustration. "He...likes me?" you ask. You see it now, when he was so quiet and nervous around you. Those were all signs of him having a crush on you. You shake your head and force the thoughts out of your head. Work is more important right now. You have a job to do.

You finally find the shack and the door has been boarded up however there is a broken window. You hop on through and find inside is extremely dark. There are thick black, dusty, and dirty curtains by the windows. You open your phone and use it as a light source. You see a small chain that's attached to a light bulb. You quickly notice a figure waking up in the back of the room. You quickly close the curtains and walk over to the light bulb and pull the chain. The light clicks on and the figure is tied up at the wrists and ankles.  There's a potato sack over their heads and they are softly moving as the begin to wake from their slumber. You tear off the sack and find the face of a familiar woman.

Your mother

"How-" you begin
"How indeed" a voice creeps into your mind

Author's note-
Hello I've been gone for too long, wouldn't you agree? How is everyone?