3. It's Begun

I burst through my front door in a fit of rage. Who did that guy think he is? I was utterly frustrated.
He got what he deserved.
Hopefully he'll just drop this whole thing and I'll never see him again.

I put all of the planks on my rickety porch and brought the nails inside, setting them on a small wooden table.

"I think I have everything." I murmured to myself.

Then I realized, I forgot the snacks!

I groaned and set my satchel down. I'd just go tomorrow. Then, I'd be done with going to town.

You see, the snacks aren't exactly for me. I mean, they are but not for my human form..

When I turn into this.. Monster, I become incredibly hungry. I'll practically eat anything. Even humans..

That's why I need to settle myself with venison, duck, rabbit, or any other type of game. Although, someday it might not be enough.

I glanced at my calendar. It was always the exact same day of every month when I changed. The 18th... Which is in three days.

~~~~~~

It was a new day. I was sitting on my porch and gazing around at the wildlife around me.

One of the few things I like is just sitting outside and being around nature. It makes me forget..
Whether it's my broken past, my undeniably awful secret, or my complete loneliness.

I stretched and put my black beanie on. I slowly stood up and yawned, I didn't get much sleep last night.

The cool breeze brushed through my dark hair. The cold morning dew soaked up my converse as I walked through the bright green weeds and grass.

I entered the clearing of the woods. I looked to my left to see the row of houses and shops here and there. I began making my way.

As I walked down the streets swiftly I felt as if I was being watched. Someone was stalking me. I continued my walking, but I went much faster.

The door swung open and I entered a shop. Antlers hung off the walls and skins were lying on the floors. This was where I got the snacks every month. Luckily, the owners never questioned anything.

I approached the counter. "My usual please." I spoke as sweetly as possible.

"Ah, yes." The man nodded.

He was a nice young man. Handsome.
Curly brown hair on his head and a strong build.

He handed me a large box and I looked inside. Two deer, five rabbits, and four ducks.

I smiled slightly and paid him, "thank you."

"Of course. You're our best customer." He smiled. "Do you need help carrying it?"

I picked up the box and backed away, "I never do." I raised an eyebrow and grinned slightly, turning to leave the shop.

"Until next time!" The man called.

The door swung closed and I found myself smiling. I didn't like many people, but him, I've always liked him.

I glanced down bashfully as I began my way back home.

Thump!

I fell over and rubbed my head. I looked up to see the boy from yesterday, Ollie. He had bumped into me.

"I see you've fallen for me." He winked.

I gasped slightly, "what the heck? Do you not remember what happened yesterday? Why aren't you running??" I demanded.

He shrugged, "so what if you're strong, it doesn't bother me."

"You need to leave me alone." I stood up and wiped muck off my clothes.

He stepped closer to me, "but I don't want to."

I slapped him in the face, "what are you doing? Stop being an idiot and just listen to me! You need to get far away from me, don't follow me, talk to me, or even look at me!"

He rubbed his cheek. "But."

"No. I don't know who you think you are trying to win me over or something. It won't work. So give up."

He groaned and ruffled his blond hair. "But it's true love.."

"I think I may have thrown you too hard." I swiftly began walking away.

"I'm joking! Geez." He caught up with me.

I ignored him and kept walking.

"So. Tell me about yourself." Ollie said.

"You are so persistent." I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"C'mon stop being stubborn." He whined.

I kept my eyes on the sidewalk. "Well. I hate people."

"How could you hate people?" Ollie asked.

"You'd never get it." I chuckled lightly.

"I have an open mind." He spoke.

I stopped walking and turned to him. "I'm going home. So, go away."

"I can walk you." He suggested.

I frowned, "shall I throw you again?"

He stepped back, "fine. Okay. I'll leave."

I continued my walk home. The entrance of the woods was drawing closer.

"Bye, Nellie!" He called from behind.

I jumped slightly, surprised by his enthusiasm. "Whatever." I muttered.

~~~~~~

I laid out all of the game on my table and glancing up at my calendar.
I had just two days left..

~~~~~~

Tomorrow was the day. I would go through the change. I'd become a monster. And the process had only begun.

I sat up in bed and examined my hands. They grew twice the size, large black fingernails came off of my thin and long fingers.

It was nothing new to me. Just something I'd grown used to.

My dark brown hair had thin strands of white. Yes, my hair turns white during this changing thing. Which isn't exactly my favorite part.

I lied back against my pillow. I wanted to stay in bed all day.

I slowly slipped my monstrous hands under the covers, and fell back asleep.